Go launcher ex memory hog

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've never experienced lag on ADW. It has always been right up there with the fastest for me. I don't know why it would lag after a week of use. I bet some other app was causing the lag.

The GO dock is slick but on ADW you can swipe up on the dock to reveal other apps. This secondary dock bar can be swiped right to left to reveal lots of other apps. For me, ADW works well enough especially when GO requires the Internet privilege and is altogether a shady organization in my opinion.

I'm also keeping an eye on the Nemus and Zeam launchers. They both need more features but they are usable and they don't require too many extra privileges. Specifically: no Internet privilege.

idk why people are so worried about permissions inmo...i've never really heard much about it actually being a problem, just people worrying it might me...btw im about 95% sure that the internet permissions are for the "go store" thats built in for easy access to themes and other go apps and widgets...and why are they shady?

not taking a shot at you or anything, i just dont get the big deal with all the people worrying about permissions, unless youre an app developer, you never know what apps might require certain "unneeded/shady" permissions

OP
techgov8

techgov8

Reaction score
idk why people are so worried about permissions inmo...i've never really heard much about it actually being a problem, just people worrying it might me...btw im about 95% sure that the internet permissions are for the "go store" thats built in for easy access to themes and other go apps and widgets...and why are they shady?

not taking a shot at you or anything, i just dont get the big deal with all the people worrying about permissions, unless youre an app developer, you never know what apps might require certain "unneeded/shady" permissions

I definitely agree. With bigger name developers i'm sure their not going through any of your things. I've never been worried about it

NoBloatware

Reaction score

It has been reported that GO Launcher "phones home". At the very least, it is wasting resources and at worst it is also spying. I just don't want to grant permissions that do nothing for me.

They're shady because they took ADW's code and haven't credited ADW nor have they released their own source code.

Olmanrivah

Reaction score
How do some of these Apps work on the Razr? Things like Android not allowing GPS to be programmed. I tried "Actions Pro" and it was useless on the Razr.

OP
techgov8

techgov8

Reaction score
How do some of these Apps work on the Razr? Things like Android not allowing GPS to be programmed. I tried "Actions Pro" and it was useless on the Razr.

Some apps just aren't compatible for various reason from different phone models to different kernels and what not

Kimo91

Reaction score
I noticed not only was go launcher a memory hog but also very laggy when sliding from screen to screen so I deleted everything Go and went back to ADW Launcher Ex

Sent from my Rooted and Safestrapped Moto DROID RAZR

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lately I have been getting a lot of redraws on my TB using Go. I never had it happen one time before the last update. Now it happens all the time. Just waiting for them to release an update.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
I have had some lag at times on my phone that is probably not even related to Go Launcher that a shutdown corrects. I use most of the available Go apps and don't care about space used on my Bionic with so much available storage. The Permissions are OK with me. I don't store financial info or passwords on my phone or tablet and if they want to know where I am or have been its fine, I have nothing to hide lol.

Guess I'm just a Go nut

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
I use go launcher and i have no lag

I doesn't seem to lower my benchmarks or anything