GNex will not install drivers in fast boot

Nick177th

Reaction score
Hello everybody. Haven't been around these parts since I had my OG Droid. I was trying to root following instructions in the video by Max Lee from GalaxyNexusRoot.com. I manually installed the drivers from the Samsung site AND the phone installed them when I connected it to my desktop via USB. However, when I went into fastboot, the PC said drivers not successfully installed. Not quite sure why they didn't install though. any insight would be greatly appreciated. I'm not a total newb to rooting. I rooted My OG Droid and T-Bolt. (Not the long way though). If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it.

mattv111

Reaction score
Hello everybody. Haven't been around these parts since I had my OG Droid. I was trying to root following instructions in the video by Max Lee from GalaxyNexusRoot.com. I manually installed the drivers from the Samsung site AND the phone installed them when I connected it to my desktop via USB. However, when I went into fastboot, the PC said drivers not successfully installed. Not quite sure why they didn't install though. any insight would be greatly appreciated. I'm not a total newb to rooting. I rooted My OG Droid and T-Bolt. (Not the long way though). If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it.
Make an ubuntu live cd and do it from there. No drivers need to be installed. If you need help finding the files PM me.