GNex Release Date:

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by Steven58, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Dmw017

Dmw017 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    sure it did... just wasn't announced

2. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    Since we've never been given a specific release date, we cannot claim we've waited through a delay.

That was my point.

Their time table was later this year, as far as I know, this year hasn't ended yet.

3. Dmw017

Dmw017 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Btw for the people worried it's going to hit Dec 1st, Samsung did say the sexus was coming out in November. the 24th is thanksgiving so thats a no-go.. its either the 10th or 17th... >.>
    I'm going to buy the Nexi and the stupid RAZR then light the droid on fire in front of verizons corporate store ... that'll show em ಠ_ಠ me gusta

#39 Dmw017, Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2011
  4. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    Keep in mind since this phone will essentially be breaking Verizon's rules on phones, if the things we've heard are true, and this is a TRUE Google phone, there's always the possibility it won't be a Thursday release.

5. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    You're right, there is no rule stating they have to release the phone on a Thursday. This is definitely new to Verizon, an unlocked/non-bloat/unbranded phone, controlled by the company that is in the process of purchasing their mobile division.

Maybe all bets are off.

6. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    That's what I'm praying. It would be cool if they basically just went totally sideways from usual and released this off their pattern completely. I'd give anything to have this phone before going out of town the week of Thanksgiving. Would give my plenty of time to play with it while I'm on vacation. :D

7. xandor

xandor Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like that theory too, especially since it puts the nexus in our hands earlier. I'm definitely preordering this and going to be grandfathered into unlimited data.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

8. DroidSloth

DroidSloth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not quite true, if you take a look at the HTC dev site HTCdev - Unlock Bootloader you'll notice that they haven't unlocked a single VZW phone. This isn't HTC's OR Motorola's fault. VZW just isn't giving them the option. Fortunately it would seem Google's will has superseded that of big red and the Gnex will be a truly open phone.

9. 318Droid

318Droid Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Dont kno why this guy above is saying the Bionic is the worst phone. Where did you come up with that analysis? I beg to differ! Does it have bugs, yes. Was your Bionic maybe defective, yes for u to be saying what you are. As far as the worst, nnaaahhh, not by a long shot. Bought my Bionic outright and I had a upgrade, think im going to sell it for the razr, NO. That'll be like having a red Apple then buying a green apple. Smh, bashers I tell ya. Also thinking about buying the Nexus also ONLY if the bootloader doesnt get unlocked before the end of the year, if not nexus then HD. But Bionic will hold it down until then.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

10. droid_tlc

droid_tlc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Galaxy Nexus<<<<Doesnt look like it will be much longer before its released. I checked this site the other day and it looked nothing like this. By this it's saying 32gb's of storage.

11. patmw123

patmw123 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +72
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    My family goes out of town every Thanksgiving as well and it will be super annoying if I have to wake up early, out of town, to go get this phone. You gotta do what you gotta do to have the best I guess.:biggrin:

12. tgyberg

tgyberg Silver Member

Ratings:
    +343
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
    Hey, the guy on tv wanted to cancel his vacation because the McRib was back! Just sayin.. lol!