gnex price drop

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Correct. I told the CS rep (*611) I just wanted the 100 dollar discount like other Verizon customers were getting. It took an hour of me arguing with him, but he finally agreed to give me 30 dollars of my bill for the next 12 months and I still got my NE2. A far better deal than what I was asking for.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Oh im calling tomorrow, this is some bs...lol

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Correct. I told the CS rep (*611) I just wanted the 100 dollar discount like other Verizon customers were getting. It took an hour of me arguing with him, but he finally agreed to give me 30 dollars of my bill for the next 12 months and I still got my NE2. A far better deal than what I was asking for.

what exactly did you ask for when u called? cus i have the a 3g device so im wondering if I'd qualify for this $100 discount if i go to a 4g device...?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
what exactly did you ask for when u called? cus i have the a 3g device so im wondering if I'd qualify for this $100 discount if i go to a 4g device...?

I said that I read there was a 3G to 4G upgrade promotion. He asked what phone I had. I told him D1 and that I wanted the Nexus. He said I qualified. He added the promo code to my account, tried to ring me out and told me it wasn't working. He put me on hold. Asked where I lived. Told him Georgia. He told me it was only a Midwest promotion. I argued as to why different regions get better deals from the same company. I continued arguing about the unfairness. He put me on hold. Told me he could not discount the phone more than my NE2, but said he'd take 30 off my bill for the next year. He's been true to his word.

Cor3yS

Reaction score
I'm call too when I get off work cuz that's fubar, I could just change my address to midwest state order phone and then change address back and they would never know?! U think tenn is midwest lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

kinfolk248

Reaction score
yea i called and asked and was told i get a $30 trade in on my smartphone and that the $100 discount was for if you already have a 4g device and u get a new 4g device smh, vzw is really pissing me off. so id have to get a 4g with a $30 discount then if i didnt like it id get a $100 discount once i upgraded again when that contract ran out, outrageous...!! I'll call back and talk to someone who has common sense cus the lady i talked to was like 'a $100 discount I've never heard of that, what was it for, it was for what, how did it work?' You tell me, you work there lol smdh!!!

That skit by SNL sums up how stupid they are getting!!

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's simple really, there was a $100 discount in the midwest for upgrading to a 4g phone. For whatever reason it was only valid for those customers, maybe they saw that their 4g sales were sagging in the midwest so they used that promo as a way to move more customers to 4g.

All other discounts are if you have upgrade discounts for renewing contracts, some still have their new every 2 discount because they haven't used it since Verizon canceled that promo, other's don't.

I've always felt like arguing for something that doesn't apply to you is a bit childish, you should play by the same rules the rest of us have and pay what we've paid. Complaining to get your way only hurts the potential of them doing discounts again because they'll see that it was abused last time, so they'll just not do it the next time and save themselves the headaches.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's simple really, there was a $100 discount in the midwest for upgrading to a 4g phone. For whatever reason it was only valid for those customers, maybe they saw that their 4g sales were sagging in the midwest so they used that promo as a way to move more customers to 4g.

All other discounts are if you have upgrade discounts for renewing contracts, some still have their new every 2 discount because they haven't used it since Verizon canceled that promo, other's don't.

I've always felt like arguing for something that doesn't apply to you is a bit childish, you should play by the same rules the rest of us have and pay what we've paid. Complaining to get your way only hurts the potential of them doing discounts again because they'll see that it was abused last time, so they'll just not do it the next time and save themselves the headaches.

Easy to say when you were one allowed to use the promo...if your cable company was offering cheaper rates to certain customers based on region (and it didn't apply to you) wouldn't it irritate you? I complained about and was lucky enough to have something done. Refusing to accept the status quo doesn't make you childish.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Easy to say when you were one allowed to use the promo...if your cable company was offering cheaper rates to certain customers based on region (and it didn't apply to you) wouldn't it irritate you? I complained about and was lucky enough to have something done. Refusing to accept the status quo doesn't make you childish.

I live in NC, I wasn't given the $100 promo.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought I read on the first page somewhere that you were given $100 off for your upgrade (may have just misinterpreted it).

No, I told the OP that I thought he would receive $100 off when he switched from a 3G phone to a 4G phone but it was the midwest promo that I was remembering.

I paid $299 for mine with the new 2 year contract.

Syraz

Reaction score
Heads up amazonwireless has the Gnex for $99 for new accounts/lines and $229 for upgrades.

vatothe0

Reaction score

The ability to create a recurring credit was removed from Verizon's system over a year ago so I'm not sure you'll actually be getting what you think you are. I guess they could go in every month and do it manually but that seems unlikely.