Gnex Keeps Hanging then Turning Off

OP
S

Saabaruski

Reaction score
Ugh. I am 100% sure I got this on launch day and 100% I have never tried to root or unlock or anything.

Well I guess I will try to stop by and explain my dilemma. I do not want to lose my photos and apps and such. This is lame.

atreyu381

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ugh. I am 100% sure I got this on launch day and 100% I have never tried to root or unlock or anything.

Well I guess I will try to stop by and explain my dilemma. I do not want to lose my photos and apps and such. This is lame.

Just a quick one, do you have the superuser app in your app drawer? Just curious.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail

You can easily back up your photos onto your computer! And as for the apps, the Google backup utility does a damn good job of redownloading all of your apps once you have activated a new Nexus. Only takes about 10 minutes or so, maybe less depending on the amount of apps you have!

OP
S

Saabaruski

Reaction score
Just a quick one, do you have the superuser app in your app drawer? Just curious.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I do not. Well I should say, I have never heard of this app, so I am assuming I do not? I don't see it when I scroll through my apps.

As for backing up and such. I am going to first try to get VZW to take care of all this for me. Not that I am 100% helpless, but I just don't want to deal with it and don't feel I should have to.

I will update with the resolution.

OP
S

Saabaruski

Reaction score
Well I stopped by the VZW store yesterday and they are sending me a replacement. They didn't really have any insight into my problem. I pretty much said exactly what I said here. Only thing I forgot to do was tell them to send it to my work

alboboy10

Reaction score
Several glitches like that happen to me.

When I go into Google music and I have the headset in, and I go to customize the sound to dance, pop, hip hot etc as soon as I click on it to pick a genre it automatically restarts. It did three times one day in a row. And it does it basically every time now.

The thunderbolt was known for having this issue and it rebooted far less times than my nexus does.

Another glitch I have is that when I'm in a area with bad coverage it starts making a call to a weird number like *228 or something. Very annoying.

Too many glitches for a new phone! I'm waiting for an update for it before I decide to root it. If the update fixes a lot of glitches and does something about the battery I won't need root. My android os awake time is twice as high as my screen on time and recently even the CPU time on it has gone higher than usual.

My android os started going up again for some strange reason. I did a factory reset and it was good for a while.

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Well backing up is a good measure either way. As you never know what could happen to your phone at any given moment.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums