Gnex 4.0.3? 4.0.4?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by baldybill, Feb 1, 2012.

1. baldybill

baldybill Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Sorry if there's already a post with this question
    if there is, please point me to it.

I see that some roms are starting to use a 4.0.3 version of Android and there's now a rumor of a 4.0.4.
    Where can I / how can I get these updates while remaining stock?
    (I'm rooted, but stock)

2. Snow02

Snow02 Active Member

Ratings:
    +9
    If there was an official update it would have been pushed to your phone already. So wait it out, or flash a rom.

3. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,672
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    4.0.3 is only available on ROMs right now. I haven't heard any rumors of 4.0.4 and probably wouldn't really believe them as 4.0.3 hasn't even officially been released. Unless they're skipping it for 4.0.4

4. prowler85

prowler85 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    If 4.0.4 was even in testing we'd know about it, as it would have been posted on aosp site. Doesn't mean they aren't working on it. Just means it hasn't been released to Dev's yet. And since 4.0.3 hasn't been "released" to the general public yet, but is available to Dev's, I doubt we'll see 4.0.4 available until 4.0.3 is let free. And as Dezymond said, there's no way to get it and stay stock until it is released. You'd have to flash a ROM (which means you'd no longer be stock).

5. baldybill

baldybill Member

Ratings:
    +3
  6. sb1831

sb1831 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    4.0.4 is probably the WiMax specific build for the Nexus S as I believe it is the last nexus device to get the official ICS update. well at least in the US

7. winner00

winner00 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +10
    If you believe p3droid (I do) he has 4.0.4 on his GN. He has had it a while and it has new radios also. He said he would release something if he got 10k followers on twitter but who knows if he will.

8. jerroedr

jerroedr Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    what the heck? why release it if 10k followers? why not just do it? im still on 4.0.2 and missing some of the features from CM7 on the OG. Odd. Winner I know your biased, but how is your kang of the nonexsistent cm9 and why isnt there a cm9?

9. captdroid

captdroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17
    +1 10char

10. winner00

winner00 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +10
    He would have just released if he didn't have all of the people complaining and hating on him. TeamBlackHat stopped releasing leaks after that.

I haven't tried any other roms except rootzboat when 4.0.3 first came out. To me its fast, stable, and has good battery life with Franco's latest kernel. Its built from the latest CM9 source with a few things pulled from gerrit. Pretty much just like my CM7 builds. The reason why CM9 isn't officially released yet is because there buildbot is down. When there buildbot comes back up it will start building CM9 nightlies for the phones that support it. One thing I think CM9 has over any other rom is that anyone can submit code through there gerrit review. There is always a ton of minor fixes and improvements that no other rom has unless its based of CM9.

I would recommend flashing a 4.0.3 rom. Its a lot smoother then 4.0.2. Not saying you have to flash mine but at least flash a 4.0.3 rom.

#10 winner00, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  11. MistaWolfe

MistaWolfe Member

Ratings:
    +1
    If people didn't hate and complain on p3 so much we would still be enjoying leaks - such as 4.0.4.

Thank some members of our community.

12. jerroedr

jerroedr Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did not know there would be haters. why would people hate for him doing a favor? If I do flash one Id probably flash yours. Im almost content with stock, but I dont really know what else is out there and i dont have as much time as i once did