GMail

jlj7783

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to delete GMail messages off your Motorola droid, but keep them on the server to read at home later on the computer. If I delete them off my phone and have auto-sync on my messages are gone from computer when I get home....

Thanks,

John

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not that I know of. IMAP is great (or awful in this case) because it does just this, stores the messages on the server and hands them to you when you ask for them.

Might I ask, why are you deleting them from the phone but still wanting to keep them with GMail?

A workaround could be to create a second GMail account, and forward all of your messages to this second account to keep copies of them.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to delete GMail messages off your Motorola droid, but keep them on the server to read at home later on the computer. If I delete them off my phone and have auto-sync on my messages are gone from computer when I get home....

Thanks,

John

Sure is. You archive them then look at your "all messages" on your computer at home.:) That will delete it off your droid.

OP
J

jlj7783

Reaction score
I knew about the archive deal, but didn't think about a second Gmail account and just forward it.....thanks for the help!!

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I knew about the archive deal, but didn't think about a second Gmail account and just forward it.....thanks for the help!!

Oh good, I thought hookbill made me look like a moron :).

Glad we could both help.

OP
J

jlj7783

Reaction score
kwmayo, To answer your question I just don't like my e-mail on my phone cluttered...Still weird I guess haha

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
No worries, I have my own -isms too :)