Gmail won't sync to phone

arabstar1982

Reaction score
I am having a problem with my gmail. I haven't been able to get it to sync since 9/20 at 6:25 pm, it just keeps saying "no connection". I have tried to push it, I have tried to fetch it manually and on a set schedule and I just cannot get it to sync. My google contacts and calendar are syncing with no problems. I really really don't want to do a factory reset on this phone if I don't have to...... Any ideas greatly appreciated. My data manager is not set to sync over wifi, and I have even turned wifi on to see if that would allow it to sync but no luck. TIA

liferefugee

Reaction score
normally I would say try removing the account and redoing it, but since you cant remove your default gmail account... you may have to do a reset. Perhaps wait until 2.2 is released tomorrow, upgrade and see if it resolves?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am having a problem with my gmail. I haven't been able to get it to sync since 9/20 at 6:25 pm, it just keeps saying "no connection". I have tried to push it, I have tried to fetch it manually and on a set schedule and I just cannot get it to sync. My google contacts and calendar are syncing with no problems. I really really don't want to do a factory reset on this phone if I don't have to...... Any ideas greatly appreciated. My data manager is not set to sync over wifi, and I have even turned wifi on to see if that would allow it to sync but no luck. TIA

Settings/applications/all applications/gmail/clear cache and data. Don't worry about the pop up message.

OP
A

arabstar1982

Reaction score
Ok, I go to settings/applications and I don't see all applications, but I go into manage applications, and I can't find Gmail.... no icon, no words, nothing. Yet it is still in my home drawer (running LP +).... now what? lol TIA

OP
A

arabstar1982

Reaction score
Ok, also, its detecting how many new messages I have, it just won't load the conversations, that is when it says "no connection" if that helps any......

liferefugee

Reaction score
once under manage applications, go to options, filter, set to all. It will be there, resort into a-z if needed to make it easer to find.

OP
A

arabstar1982

Reaction score
Ok, thanks, I didn't realize it automatically filtered the applications. That worked, clearing the cache and clearing the data and its back to working again. Thanks a lot guys!!! Appreciate it!