1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Gmail won't sync to phone

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by arabstar1982, Sep 21, 2010.

1. arabstar1982

arabstar1982 New Member

I am having a problem with my gmail. I haven't been able to get it to sync since 9/20 at 6:25 pm, it just keeps saying "no connection". I have tried to push it, I have tried to fetch it manually and on a set schedule and I just cannot get it to sync. My google contacts and calendar are syncing with no problems. I really really don't want to do a factory reset on this phone if I don't have to...... Any ideas greatly appreciated. My data manager is not set to sync over wifi, and I have even turned wifi on to see if that would allow it to sync but no luck. TIA
  2. liferefugee

liferefugee New Member

normally I would say try removing the account and redoing it, but since you cant remove your default gmail account... you may have to do a reset. Perhaps wait until 2.2 is released tomorrow, upgrade and see if it resolves?
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Settings/applications/all applications/gmail/clear cache and data. Don't worry about the pop up message.
  4. liferefugee

liferefugee New Member

I always forget about cache clearing... good call.
  5. arabstar1982

arabstar1982 New Member

Ok, I go to settings/applications and I don't see all applications, but I go into manage applications, and I can't find Gmail.... no icon, no words, nothing. Yet it is still in my home drawer (running LP +).... now what? lol TIA
  6. arabstar1982

arabstar1982 New Member

Ok, also, its detecting how many new messages I have, it just won't load the conversations, that is when it says "no connection" if that helps any......
  7. liferefugee

liferefugee New Member

once under manage applications, go to options, filter, set to all. It will be there, resort into a-z if needed to make it easer to find.
  8. arabstar1982

arabstar1982 New Member

Ok, thanks, I didn't realize it automatically filtered the applications. That worked, clearing the cache and clearing the data and its back to working again. Thanks a lot guys!!! Appreciate it!
  9. liferefugee

liferefugee New Member

glad to hear it worked. I will have to remember that trick.
Search tags for this page

i tried to email a video from my phone and my gmail wont syn

phone won't sync with gmail