Gmail won't send?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anybody else had sporadic issues where something you try and send with gmail just hangs, constantly saying "Sending..."? It only happens occasionally, but even 40% of the time is too much. I know this probably should have been posted in the "tech issues" section, but tapatalk gave me an error when I would try and open that forum.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try going to settings, apps, manage apps, filter all apps, and on the 2 apps that say gmail clear the cache or data... you'll have to re-set up your signature and stuff but itll load your mail and you'll have a fresh start...

xfireguru

Reaction score
My gmail seems to hang from time to time. In my case it appears to be more related to signal strength as opposed to a problem with the phone.

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try going to settings, apps, manage apps, filter all apps, and on the 2 apps that say gmail clear the cache or data... you'll have to re-set up your signature and stuff but itll load your mail and you'll have a fresh start...

Thanks, I'll definitely give that a go...

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
My gmail seems to hang from time to time. In my case it appears to be more related to signal strength as opposed to a problem with the phone.

Yeah it's hard to say, b/c it happens when I'm at work where I get decent 3g signal, but it does cut out from time to time b/c of my building, but also at home where I have a really strong wifi signal, so who knows. We'll see what happens when I clear the data per icculus.

Diordna

Reaction score
I sent myself something yesterday and I actually just got it now after rebooting because of other problems lol

And before I got gmail from my phone a week or so after I sent it thinking it's just not sending then plop, there it is.. when I don't need it anymore lol