Gmail was hacked

amberc922

Reaction score
I received an error message on my phone yesterday that my password for my gmail accout was not authorized. This morning I tried logging into my account via my desktop and it wanted verification codes and said my account had been compromised. I just opened another gmail account the other day and so I want that to be my account on my phone and delete the original gmail account.....problem is when I try to delete the old account it says I would have to factory reset my phone and loose all my personal information on my phone. Is that the only way to change my primary gmail account? Also I know to use android u have to have gmail. I just want to switch gmail accounts.

Amber

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

rteda

Reaction score
I, too, have had my Gmail account hacked (apparently) and as a consequence, can't get into Android Marketplace, Youtube, or of course Gmail... At this point, my chief concern is locking up or closing my account since the password recovery process is useless at teats on a boar hog. Android Marketplace has my credit card info, and I don't need anyone messing with my Youtube stuff (even if I can't change or add to it, closing the Gmail account tied to it will keep anyone else from doing so).

Any clues how to force the issue with Gargoyle over and above their so-called password recovery form?

Thanks.