Gmail sync questions

Cortez

Reaction score
First off I am rooted and have been for quite some time running SGv6.

Okay so everything was running great on my gmail, meaning that if I deleted an e-mail on my phone it would delete it off my computer (internet) as well. So I would not have to delete it twice (from my phone, and from my computer). I loved that my phone would do this!!!

Now, I just did the otacerts.zip method to get rid of the ota 2.1 update that has been sitting in my phone and now when I delete an e-mail on my phone's gmail app it stays on my computer. Anyone seen this or heard about it happening? Would love a solution to this!!! Thanks in advanced!!!

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Have you checked the sync settings to make sure Gmail didn't get unchecked with the update?

Menu>Accounts & Sync>your gmail account>check Gmail.

Otherwise I'd try a reboot.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I bet you 1,000,000 bucks this will fix your issue here. Go to settings - applications - manage apps, and hit the menu and select filter all. Now scroll down adn find any apps that start with "gmail" (should be 2) go into each and clear their data.

When you reopen gmail itll have nothing in it and have to fetch your data again, but itll b nice and clean. This worked for me and the 20 people I told on the forums to do this hah.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Keep in mind when you do this it will set all of your gmail settings back to default; erases your signature, turns vibrate off, notification sound goes back to default, etc.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Very true, good addition...

So did it work? Gotta keep us informed man...

OP
Cortez

Cortez

Reaction score
Have you checked the sync settings to make sure Gmail didn't get unchecked with the update?

Menu>Accounts & Sync>your gmail account>check Gmail.

Otherwise I'd try a reboot.

tried didn't work, but thanks!! :-D

I bet you 1,000,000 bucks this will fix your issue here. Go to settings - applications - manage apps, and hit the menu and select filter all. Now scroll down adn find any apps that start with "gmail" (should be 2) go into each and clear their data.

When you reopen gmail itll have nothing in it and have to fetch your data again, but itll b nice and clean. This worked for me and the 20 people I told on the forums to do this hah.

worked like a charm. you want that million$ in cash or money order!!!! Thanks brother!:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
YEAAAA i am now rich!!! Gold bars only please. Can't wait to blow it all and end up like M.C. Hammer...