gmail sync problem

GTB323

Reaction score
I only get email notifications when the talk app is on, otherwise I have to go into Gmail and "refresh" it. I know many others are having this problem and was wondering if a solution was found. It would be nice to have the talk app off to save battery.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Googlers talk has nothing to do with synching your email. You must not have your Droid synched correctly. Check your settings on your gmail acccount on line in the set up page.

OP
G

GTB323

Reaction score
then how come when its on the emails go to my phone and when its off they dont?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
then how come when its on the emails go to my phone and when its off they dont?

I can't explain that. I just understand that if you go to Google you will find Google talk over there. Gmail settings are entirely different. Again look at your gmail set up and make sure its correct.

OP
G

GTB323

Reaction score
what would be the correct settings

flaxbourton

Reaction score
You might try restarting the phone also. I was having sync issues after the last patch and just restarted the phone again last night, seems to be working fine now. I know it auto-restarts after the patch, but do it again if you haven't and see if that fixes things.
I don't know about the google talk thing though.

OP
G

GTB323

Reaction score
yeah it just started working fine during the night and seems to work fine now this morning. i didnt change any settings or anything