Gmail Sync Lag

nyyanx18

Reaction score
I believe I just resolved my issue, and I feel like an idiot. I use the power control widget and just noticed data sync was turned off. Turned it on and voilla, new emails came in. I know its stupid, but maybe the solution is sonething simple.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

gist901

Reaction score
I believe I just resolved my issue, and I feel like an idiot. I use the power control widget and just noticed data sync was turned off. Turned it on and voilla, new emails came in. I know its stupid, but maybe the solution is sonething simple

Wahoo!! Thanks 4 pointing that out. Just resolved my problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Tim-H

Reaction score
I've been having this problem for about the past week. I've been running Apex from 1.3.0. I'm pretty certain it's not the ROM. Something messed it up recently. My sync is on and has been. Sometimes it syncs right away like normal and other times it's up to hours late.

Tim-H

Reaction score
whenever i had this problem, regardless of ROM, i just went to settings>applications>manage applications>ALL>Gmail....then i wiped data/cache...go back into your gmail and everything should work fine

Super quick update. I tried this out but I'm lazy and didn't want to recreate my accounts. All I did was the wipe cache part. After I did that I sent myself a test email to all my gmail accounts and they pushed instantly.

Hopefully this works permanently. I'll update my experience in the next couple days. It very well could be a Google server issue anyway.

Tim-H

Reaction score
After a week the mail is pushing fine still. Either that worked or the Gmail servers coincidentally got worked out.

wild_cat1970

Reaction score
whenever i had this problem, regardless of ROM, i just went to settings>applications>manage applications>ALL>Gmail....then i wiped data/cache...go back into your gmail and everything should work fine

Super quick update. I tried this out but I'm lazy and didn't want to recreate my accounts. All I did was the wipe cache part. After I did that I sent myself a test email to all my gmail accounts and they pushed instantly.

Hopefully this works permanently. I'll update my experience in the next couple days. It very well could be a Google server issue anyway.

I tried this to no avail. Every week or so I have a problem where the my gmail is not received in a timely fashion. I rely on gmail as a paging notification system but network equipment receiving email in a timely fashion on my driod x is critical for my job. Last night, the email came in at 11pm but I didn't receive it on my droid until 4am today. What is crazy about this is that the timestamp shows 11pm last night but the email/page did not come into until 4am. This happens randonly/intermittently. I can't reproduce it.

The synch icon is selected in my power widget too so I don't think that it the issue.

Any suggestions?