Gmail sync issues

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
i havent been able to sync my gmail since yesterday...noticed people on other ROMs have the same problem...might just be a gmail/google issue

neoj2

Reaction score
Manage applications> all> Gmail: clear the data and cache. Next, open Gmail. Should say something about not being synched. Go to accounts & sync>( your email@ Gmail. Com). Click on your email. Check the sync Gmail option and WAIT for the sync symbol to go away. I didn't wait before and it didn't sync. When I waited it started working again.

^^ this worked for me also :)

peckeraz

Reaction score
My gmail stopped synching yesterday morning and I'm going crazy. I hope someone who is tech savvy can help? I cleared the cache/data and did a restart but it didn't fix the problem. thanks for any help you can provide.....

OP
Sniper_5

Sniper_5

Reaction score
READ my last post in this thread and follow ALL the steps.

Sent from my D1 on UD @ 1.2Ghz

peckeraz

Reaction score
I have performed this exercise several times with no luck sir. Still no sync.

OP
Sniper_5

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Do you know if your running the most up to date Gmail? other than the data cache clearing have you tried completely removing Gmail from your phone? system and all. Then reinstalling.

peckeraz

Reaction score
By the way Semper Fi! I am running the most up to date gmail. I have not tried uninstalling and reinstalling but I will try that. Oorah and thanks again...

OP
Sniper_5

Sniper_5

Reaction score
iirc deleting Gmail only removes the updates, you may have to use root explorer to remove the apk file from your system folder if deleting it normally doesn't work. Let me know if it works then.

peckeraz

Reaction score
Ok I downloaded root explorer and then went to "system" but I am kinda lost from there?

OP
Sniper_5

Sniper_5

Reaction score
System> app> Gmail.apk though I didn't find the apk in my files,I think its because the newest version separates it from the system. Then again I couldn't find it under data> app either. Just for future reference. From the main RE screen, data> app = apps you download from the market. System> app= all system apps such as the calendar etc. If Gmail isn't located in either folder then you don't need to do anything. Simply redownload and set up as in previous post.