GMAIL sync issues

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by Santa, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Santa

Santa New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi has anyone faced this problem? I have 3 different accounts one for hotmail, one for yahoo and last for gmail. I get notification for both hotmail and yahoo whenever emails are automatically pushed down to my phone. they may take few mins before my inbox (via WEB ) shows new message until I get the same new in by DG2 inbox. But for Gmail. i do not get anything pushed and when I go in it still shows 0 new messages then when I say menu - refresh it gets all the new messages in my gmail inbox.

Has any one faced this problem? and any solution. Given it is google technology I would have thought this would be the least expected problem.

I also noticed sometimes my deletes from DG2 don't get to the hotmail server but that I can understand if the delete got losts in thin air once in a while...

Any thoughts.

2. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Check under accounts and sync to make sure gmail is checked to sync, not just calendar and contacts.

3. Santa

Santa New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I see only options as "Touch to sync" for all three sync contacts, sync Gmail and Sync Calender.. There is no checkbox or any thing to say auto sync. and As soon as I touched the screen they all synced. i don't know how to paste the screen shot that i see here.. but there is no setting that I can enable
    For hotmail account it has all other options to set pop server etc.. nothing for GMAIL.

4. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Ok, the D2G must be a little different.

When you go into the gmail app and go into settings and make sure email notifications is checked.

5. Santa

Santa New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I have set under notification setting in gmail app all the things as required
    check box ticket to notify me in status bar
    specific ring tone is selected
    vibrate option is selected
    notify once is also selected ( notify only once for new mail and not for each new email)

and again there is no setting for Auto sync etc in these options.

6. SilverStrings

SilverStrings New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am having the same exact problem with my Droid 2 now. It's so annoying, because Gmail sync worked great when I first got the phone. Sitting at the computer, I would notice that my phone would get emails before the browser on my PC.. those days are long gone, and now I have to update Gmail manually all the time and it takes forever

Come on Google, this is YOUR mail service with YOUR OS, at the very least I should be getting a descriptive error message

7. Santa

Santa New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to know that I am not the only one in this scenario... I was just going bonkers trying to figure out if I have missed some setting somewhere...
    I also have noticed that my hotmail account keeps erroring out saying authentication error but when I ask to retry it works.. I think it probably some time out issue and it feels that authentication error occurs. have you come across this issue as well?

8. mspm47

mspm47 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are the issues on WiFi too?

Sent from my DROID PRO

9. Santa

Santa New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep have not received any gmail auto update irrespective of 3G or wifi coverage.

10. d2gwbbb

d2gwbbb New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    U need to turn on that circular icon in the power control widget. u'll see icons like WIfi, bluetooth...etc....one of those(round) when turned on will sync your gmail.

11. shagoyjo

shagoyjo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I echo the previous poster' s question. But it seems weird because if you had background data disabled I don't know why your other accounts would work. Curious. If I see the problem myself I'll throw up logcat, but for now I've got nothing.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

12. SilverStrings

SilverStrings New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    bloody hell, he's right

Tally for the day:
    RTFM: +1
    Trial-and-error "I'm just gonna hit this button" Android usage: -1

Search tags for this page

authentication error gmail synced to phone

gmail on driod 2 global