GMAIL sync issues

Santa

Reaction score
Hi has anyone faced this problem? I have 3 different accounts one for hotmail, one for yahoo and last for gmail. I get notification for both hotmail and yahoo whenever emails are automatically pushed down to my phone. they may take few mins before my inbox (via WEB ) shows new message until I get the same new in by DG2 inbox. But for Gmail. i do not get anything pushed and when I go in it still shows 0 new messages then when I say menu - refresh it gets all the new messages in my gmail inbox.

Has any one faced this problem? and any solution. Given it is google technology I would have thought this would be the least expected problem.

I also noticed sometimes my deletes from DG2 don't get to the hotmail server but that I can understand if the delete got losts in thin air once in a while...

Any thoughts.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Check under accounts and sync to make sure gmail is checked to sync, not just calendar and contacts.

OP
S

Santa

Reaction score
Check under accounts and sync to make sure gmail is checked to sync, not just calendar and contacts.
I see only options as "Touch to sync" for all three sync contacts, sync Gmail and Sync Calender.. There is no checkbox or any thing to say auto sync. and As soon as I touched the screen they all synced. i don't know how to paste the screen shot that i see here.. but there is no setting that I can enable
For hotmail account it has all other options to set pop server etc.. nothing for GMAIL.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok, the D2G must be a little different.

When you go into the gmail app and go into settings and make sure email notifications is checked.

OP
S

Santa

Reaction score
Ok, the D2G must be a little different.

When you go into the gmail app and go into settings and make sure email notifications is checked.

Yes I have set under notification setting in gmail app all the things as required
check box ticket to notify me in status bar
specific ring tone is selected
vibrate option is selected
notify once is also selected ( notify only once for new mail and not for each new email)

and again there is no setting for Auto sync etc in these options.

SilverStrings

Reaction score
I am having the same exact problem with my Droid 2 now. It's so annoying, because Gmail sync worked great when I first got the phone. Sitting at the computer, I would notice that my phone would get emails before the browser on my PC.. those days are long gone, and now I have to update Gmail manually all the time and it takes forever

Come on Google, this is YOUR mail service with YOUR OS, at the very least I should be getting a descriptive error message

OP
S

Santa

Reaction score
I am having the same exact problem with my Droid 2 now. It's so annoying, because Gmail sync worked great when I first got the phone. Sitting at the computer, I would notice that my phone would get emails before the browser on my PC.. those days are long gone, and now I have to update Gmail manually all the time and it takes forever

Come on Google, this is YOUR mail service with YOUR OS, at the very least I should be getting a descriptive error message

Glad to know that I am not the only one in this scenario... I was just going bonkers trying to figure out if I have missed some setting somewhere...
I also have noticed that my hotmail account keeps erroring out saying authentication error but when I ask to retry it works.. I think it probably some time out issue and it feels that authentication error occurs. have you come across this issue as well?

mspm47

Reaction score
Are the issues on WiFi too?

Sent from my DROID PRO

d2gwbbb

Reaction score
U need to turn on that circular icon in the power control widget. u'll see icons like WIfi, bluetooth...etc....one of those(round) when turned on will sync your gmail.

shagoyjo

Reaction score
I echo the previous poster' s question. But it seems weird because if you had background data disabled I don't know why your other accounts would work. Curious. If I see the problem myself I'll throw up logcat, but for now I've got nothing.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

SilverStrings

Reaction score
U need to turn on that circular icon in the power control widget. u'll see icons like WIfi, bluetooth...etc....one of those(round) when turned on will sync your gmail.

bloody hell, he's right

Tally for the day:
RTFM: +1
Trial-and-error "I'm just gonna hit this button" Android usage: -1

OP
S

Santa

Reaction score
Yeepi!!!! It works!!!!!

Sure as soon as I click that little circular thing green on the widget... my email notification pinged me to tell me i have new Gmail account... :)

But does anyone know what that icon really does in terms of manually setting via regular menus. and how come my Hotmail and Yahoo Mail work fine and it was only affecting GMAIL.?

But thanks for that!!! now I am happy D2G owner :icon_ banana:dancedroid

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Sure as soon as I click that little circular thing green on the widget... my email notification pinged me to tell me i have new Gmail account... :)

But does anyone know what that icon really does in terms of manually setting via regular menus. and how come my Hotmail and Yahoo Mail work fine and it was only affecting GMAIL.?

That is sync....I thought you had that on !!!

OP
S

Santa

Reaction score

That is sync....I thought you had that on !!!

I was not sure what that icon was But when I tried all options under normal menu -> settings -> accounts or menu-> settings-> data manager I cannot find any flag to turn this on? At least to me I cannot find it... It probably is hidden somewhere and I am overlooking it.....