GMail sync issue

Wilk

Reaction score
So out of the blue the other day I noticed that I wasn't getting email notifications for gmail. I can still go into the app and manually refresh it and it will show my new emails but no notifications. I tried uninstalling the updates and reinstalling them but now I'm getting an installation error while trying to update. Suggestions anyone?

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
So out of the blue the other day I noticed that I wasn't getting email notifications for gmail. I can still go into the app and manually refresh it and it will show my new emails but no notifications. I tried uninstalling the updates and reinstalling them but now I'm getting an installation error while trying to update. Suggestions anyone?

Try this:
Using Root Explorer, go to system > app and rename the Gmail.apk to Gmail.bpk. Reboot and then try installing the updated Gmail. If it works go back and delete the Gmail.bpk ...

If your sync issue still occurs, try going into menu > settings > manage apps > all > go to Gmail, select it and clear cache ...

OP
Wilk

Wilk

Reaction score

Try this:
Using Root Explorer, go to system > app and rename the Gmail.apk to Gmail.bpk. Reboot and then try installing the updated Gmail. If it works go back and delete the Gmail.bpk ...

If your sync issue still occurs, try going into menu > settings > manage apps > all > go to Gmail, select it and clear cache ...

Its not letting me do anything to the file, it says that it is read only. Any other ideas?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
You need to change the permission. Open Root Explorer and in the right there will be a white box tap and it will change to R/W

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem and I went into messaging and added my gmail account and I now get new notifications through my messaging inbox (universial inbox). Hope this could help

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
Wilk

Wilk

Reaction score
You need to change the permission. Open Root Explorer and in the right there will be a white box tap and it will change to R/W

got the updates to install but still no notifications, any other advice?

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Have you tried clearing the cache? Go into menu > manage applications > all > scroll down to Gmail, select it and the clear cache. If that doesn't do it, then try clearing data and cache; if you have to do that you'll have to go back into Gmail and reset your settings again.
Other than that I am at a lose.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you tried clearing the cache? Go into menu > manage applications > all > scroll down to Gmail, select it and the clear cache. If that doesn't do it, then try clearing data and cache; if you have to do that you'll have to go back into Gmail and reset your settings again.

I'm having the same issue. Oddly enough for the first time I went in to settings and the CLear Cache button was disabled, as if it'd been done already.

Any other thoughts on this? Also means I get no notifications with GV and I'm assuming Gtalk as well :(

OP
Wilk

Wilk

Reaction score

I'm having the same issue. Oddly enough for the first time I went in to settings and the CLear Cache button was disabled, as if it'd been done already.

Any other thoughts on this? Also means I get no notifications with GV and I'm assuming Gtalk as well :(

Finally got mine fixed, somehow I missed this while running through settings but somehow my auto sync was turned of for my gmail account once it was turned back on everything worked like normal, I feel quite stupid now that I missed such a simple thing... hope yours is as simple to solve