Gmail sync issue

asdfjklauren

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I've had my DX for about a week and a half now, and everything has been great until yesterday. Since yesterday morning, my Gmail account no longer syncs to my phone. I still get notifications when I get an email, but when I open Gmail (stock email app, nothing fancy), no new messages show up and it says that I have no connectivity. The weird thing is that Gmail works just fine on my browser, and any apps that use internet are functioning normally. I've tried everything I could think of, short of a factory reset.

The real fly in the ointment, so to speak, is that battery life has decreased dramatically since this started. Guessing that the phone is burning through extra battery trying and failing to get a response from Gmail? Any insight you all could provide would be great!

zonaRSX

Reaction score
Hmmm interesting. I did notice that when I installed Launcher Pro that my gmail notifications don't work anymore and I have to manually refresh my gmail to see if I have received anything... :icon_evil:

OP
asdfjklauren

asdfjklauren

Reaction score
Resolved (I use Launcher Pro as well, so this might work for you). Go to settings, then applications, then hit the menu button and filter to show all applications, then find and select Gmail, and finally, clear the data and cache. Not sure what caused Gmail to bug out, but that fixed the problem for me.