Gmail Sync Issue

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by entcee, Jun 24, 2011.

1. entcee

entcee New Member

I just installed SS 5.4 (from Liquid) and so far I love this rom.

I will try to describe the issue I am having the best I can...

I have 2 gmail accounts. One is for a side business and the other one is for personal use.

The way I have the sync set up is to sync everything from my personal gmail account (contacts, mail, calendar, etc..) but for the business gmail account, I only want the mail synced (not the contacts or calendar).

What is happening is that even though the sync contacts option is not checked for this account, the contacts are syncing anyway. I see all my business contacts (there are a lot) in my contacts list.

I have tried clearing the gmail cache... enabling the sync contacts, then disabling it again to no avail.

If I remove the account altogether the contacts disappear.

This has worked perfectly with BB and liquid roms, just not this one. Any suggestions?
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Hmmmm .. I myself am not experiencing this issue (and I have FIVE accounts, only one where I sync contacts).

Anyone else?
  3. entcee

entcee New Member

I was going to try ininstalling gmail and installing it back from the market... that is the only thing I have not tried
  4. entcee

entcee New Member

I tried uninstalling GMail and downloading it from the market... same thing... However, I think I may have figured it out.

To hurry the syncing process during my testing, I used the "Sync now" button on a widget I created using Widgetsoid.

This seemed to sync everything. If I do not click this button, and wait for the phone to sync on it's own, the contacts for this acount do not get synced.

Looks like Widgetsoid is the culprit.
  5. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ahhhh - good to know that's what it is!!
  6. MivecShadow

MivecShadow New Member

Hey man try import/exporting contacts from SD card. After you click one of the options it will ask you if you want to import / export whichever you chose from a list of all gmail accounts you have activated on your phone. I was having the same problem as you just now and I stumbled on this. Problem is... Even if you synced contacts on your gmail before... you wont regain all your contacts unless you exported before :(

Or maybe I am wrong lol
Search tags for this page

gmail sync issue 4.3 roms