Gmail sync based on labels???

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
OK, I've searched and found a few threads that kinda dance around this topic, but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, so here goes:

I'M GOING TO GO F-ING CRAZY IF MY PHONE DOESN'T STOP NOTIFYING ME OF NEW FORUM EMAILS!!!:icon_ devil:

I have all incoming forum email (from this and other forums) going through a filter in my gmail account (based on the senders email address) and being labeled with a "forum replies" label. I don't want to mark them as read with the filter because I still want to see them unread in my Outlook.

On my Droid in my gmail app account settings I select "labels" then "forum replies" and have the "Sync none" radio button highlighted. In my mind, I take this to mean that I will not receive on my phone, or be notified of any gmail with the "forum replies" label.

BUT I STILL GET THE EMAILS!!! And they even show up with the "forum replies" label in my droid inbox. I guess I could stop auto subscribe on the forums, but I don't want to.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME!!! LOL

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I'M GOING TO GO F-ING CRAZY IF MY PHONE DOESN'T STOP NOTIFYING ME OF NEW FORUM EMAILS!!!:icon_ devil:

Yea...I hear you....I get a few myself. :icon_ banana:

Edit...Just checked Have just under 3400 labeled as Droid.....

srothkin

Reaction score
Change the gmail filter to also "archive" the message so that it is removed from the inbox -- then it will ONLY show up in the folder (have the label) that you are filtering it to.

OP
MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
Change the gmail filter to also "archive" the message so that it is removed from the inbox -- then it will ONLY show up in the folder (have the label) that you are filtering it to.

OK, I'll try that. But, will I still receive those emails in my outlook inbox the same way I would if they were not archived?

I guess I can just try it and find out.

Thanks for the tip.:icon_ banana:

OP
MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR

Reaction score

OK, I'll try that. But, will I still receive those emails in my outlook inbox the same way I would if they were not archived?

I guess I can just try it and find out.

Thanks for the tip.:icon_ banana:

Srothkin...YOU ARE MY HERO!!!

That works perfectly! I still get the messages in outlook as unread and bold, but they are not synced to my Droid. I LOVE it!!

That's a bit (a lot) unintuitive, but hey, at least it works now.:icon_ banana:

srothkin

Reaction score

They will not show up in the inbox. In Outlook they will show up in a folder with the same name as the label.

OP
MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR

Reaction score

They will not show up in the inbox. In Outlook they will show up in a folder with the same name as the label.

Yep, exactly. They come in exactly as they always have (since they've always been labeled). I just didn't realize that they needed to be archived to be removed form the inbox.

Thanks again!

frankieg22x

Reaction score
go into your settings for this website and change it to "no email notifications"

OP
MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
go into your settings for this website and change it to "no email notifications"

No! ...I want email notifications, that's not the problem. I just don't want them on my phone. That's all.

Problem solved though, and I'm a happy camper.