Gmail stopped getting updated on phone

anabolix

Reaction score
Well out of nowhere the gmail on my phone does not get updated anymore.
Anyone know why and how I can solve this?

Scottyrocket

Reaction score
Hey, are you running any app killer software like ATK?? I had the same thing happen to me and I had some how shut the program down and had to restart it. Also, you can go to Settings>Accounts&Sync and make sure you see your gmail account there and that it says sync is on. The check boxes under General Sync Settngs should be checked as well. Hope this helps...

cocorama

Reaction score
Hi! I am having the same problem, noticed today. Sync is on and it says No connection everytime I try to refresh manually too. This is my main account. I didn't change passwords or anything! I have another gmail account and it works fine. I don't have ATK and even did a power cycle to see but no luck... What is going on? Any one having same issues?? Hadn't had a problem with this and had my droid more than a month.
Thanks.

Last edited:

bcf5043

Reaction score
i'm having the same issue. logged onto gmail on my computer and saw emails i had received hours ago but never updated on the droid. anyone know the solution for this?

cocorama

Reaction score
i just finally resorted to a factory reset on the phone, not a big deal unless you really "fancified" your phone. all the info is still there on your sd card you just have to redo your original gmail info and now it works again and you have to redo your home screens and whatever tweeks to the settings you did. hope it doesn't happen again though.... hhmmm please post if you have any thoughts or ideas or help to prevent.
thanks!

cat_size

Reaction score
Same thing is happening to me... contacts and calendar sync without issue, gmail hasn't synced in two days (according to the date in the settings > accounts & sync menu). The little arrow/circle appears next to "Sync Gmail" and will spin for a sec then stop, but the date never updates and the circle never disappears.

I noticed this when I tried sending a bunch of photos that I took from the gallery via email, and my friend complained that I'd never sent them... then I noticed that I couldn't send emails, either. I can send/receive from my computer without issue.

I don't want to do another factory data reset... I've only owned the phone for a month, and I've already done three factory data resets. Yeah, I don't lose my contacts, but I do lose all my apps and settings... frustrating.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
mine works fine.. did you guys add or change anything recently? add the power control widget (comes on the phone from factory) and see if toggling the sync button from the widget does anything.. you shouldn't have to do resets..

se7en11

Reaction score
Sam's suggestion about toggling the sync button on the power control widget fixed the issue syncing for me. (for now anyways)

Zion

Reaction score
gmail no sync

same issue heer! just happened in last 2 days...... toggled the sync button widget on and off to see what would happen.... in email check frequency, i have every 5 monutes. is this the shortest time avail? should nt i get the email the second it is sent (more or less)