Gmail - stay signed in

bill hansen

Reaction score
In the past ten days, when I use my DroidX to access Gmail, I've had to sign in, using my password, each time. Formerly, I was able to stay signed in.

When I access Gmail from my desktop, I am able to stay signed in to Gmail - but not from the Droid, not any more. I've contacted the Gmail users forum, but they have no info about this problem, which seems to be limited to access from the Droid. Is there a way to recover the ability to stay signed in to Gmail when I access it from the Droid?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
What did you change or install when this happened??

OP
B

bill hansen

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

I haven't installed any new programs onto the desktop or laptop, or any new apps to the DroidX, even quite a few days before this inability to stay signed on began. It's a minor inconvenience to have to sign in each time. I just wondered if there were some simple box I could check or other change I could make on the Droid, and apparently there isn't. I can live with that.

Bill

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You are using the app?
Or the browser?

The app should stay logged in

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
ur not alone, if it keeps asking u to sign in u best bet someone may have tampered with it. reason why? cause mine happened the same way, after setting alerts on gmail and other emails, I found out another MOBILE DEVICE, motoblur to be exact with an IP location of Livingston NJ hacked into my accounts. and mind u, I live in Hawaii! I am currently working with vzw and police to stop this nonsense. there are apps out there that can detect ur IP location and phone # and that is scary.
so now I've set up so many alerts for this device, as well as making sure my web settings are done properly to avoid invasion of privacy

Aloha from Hawaii