GMail signature block question.

Rollingbones

Reaction score
One of my email accounts needs a confidentiality statement at the bottom of any email I send out (this email is intended for the user....etc). The standard signature box doesn't allow enough space for the disclaimer (plus the signature).

Does anyone know of a way to put the statement below the sig block. It needs to look like this:

-------------------------------------------

Mark L. Rice, OTC, EMT
position
organization

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use
or disclosure is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including
the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the
communication.
---------------------------------------------

Any suggestions out there as to how to accomplish this? Thanks!!

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go into gmail on your computer. Under settings go to the signature option and enter all that text and the server will add it to all of your outgoing emails (including ones sent from your phone). It will fit I just tried it.

OP
Rollingbones

Rollingbones

Reaction score
I'll check into it. As it is on the gmail account, it was only adding it on the original email and not the responses (which is desired). BBIAM...

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Your question intrigued me and I looked through gmail help to see if I could find something like a "template" that could be used for your email. No such luck, I'm afraid. The best I could come up with was an option in "Labs," I believe to insert an image in your email. (You could, I presume, make this work but it would require you to insert it each time you sent an email. Major PITA.)

I'd suggest you take a look at the Google help forums and see if there are any other solutions and if that fails to make a suggestion for an enhancement. It's a reasonable request.

Edit: Oops. Looks like there may be solution after all.

OP
Rollingbones

Rollingbones

Reaction score
I checked. I have it set to go out with all emails, but it's not doing it with the emails I send by Droid. Is there a setting I need to have on the phone to pick up the signature block.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I checked. I have it set to go out with all emails, but it's not doing it with the emails I send by Droid. Is there a setting I need to have on the phone to pick up the signature block.

Apparently the Droid gmail app and the internet browser version of gmail have completely separate signature blocks. (Not the only difference, by the way.) Looks like you should send your emails from your Droid via a browser to get your signature.

OP
Rollingbones

Rollingbones

Reaction score
Go into gmail on your computer. Under settings go to the signature option and enter all that text and the server will add it to all of your outgoing emails (including ones sent from your phone). It will fit I just tried it.

I have it set to go out with all emails, but it make no referance to the mobil portion of the account. Still no signature...

OP
Rollingbones

Rollingbones

Reaction score
Apparently the Droid gmail app and the internet browser version of gmail have completely separate signature blocks. (Not the only difference, by the way.) Looks like you should send your emails from your Droid via a browser to get your signature.

Pitty... I'm using the Contacts GroupU program so I can send out group email in the BCC format (required to protect everyone's email address). I won't be able to use the program using the browser, not to mention the extra steps I'm trying to avoid. The email account is for a CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) program affiliated with the fire deptartment. I'm the volunteer coordinator. Activations and general information come through me. I got the Droid so I could do this from the phone. Having the confidentiality clause is the last glitch I'm working out. When I first tried the Contact program, it couldn't send items out BCC so I emailed the author of the program and he/she set it up to be able to do it.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Right you are..
Actually I'm using the K-9 mail app (much better than the default gmail app) and your desired txt WILL fit. I just tried it. I copied your disclaimer and sent it to myself, then copied it and pasted it into my signature (in K-9) and sent a mail and it's ALL THERE. So I would suggest using K-9 (it has a better interface and features anyway). If you sent it as your 'default' mail app you should still be able to use the program from above for you group sending.

OP
Rollingbones

Rollingbones

Reaction score
It looks like I should be able to use it. When I use the Contacts GroupU program, it lets me use the K-9 account and puts the emails into the BCC automatically so all I need do now is enter the signature block. Thanks.

osok

Reaction score