Gmail push

kevin1016

Reaction score
I've been using Gmail on the Droid for a few days now and, for the most part, it works very well. However, I've found that the push feature is inconsistent. I'd say about 90% of the time it works fine but sometimes I have to hit refresh to get my mail. Clearly, it's not a setting issue because it works fine most of the time. Anyone else experiencing this?

PetrolHead

Reaction score
Yea, I get intermittent issues with push as well, but I'm currently at like a 98% success rate. Very rarely does it get caught up for me, but it does happen.

The thing I found though is if you play with opening and closing apps, you can easily close the program that the phone uses for push. I'm not sure which one it is, but I've done that a couple times. If I just power down the phone and power it back up, the app that runs push starts and it's back to normal.

Just something to keep in mind.

OP
kevin1016

kevin1016

Reaction score
Yea, I get intermittent issues with push as well, but I'm currently at like a 98% success rate. Very rarely does it get caught up for me, but it does happen.

The thing I found though is if you play with opening and closing apps, you can easily close the program that the phone uses for push. I'm not sure which one it is, but I've done that a couple times. If I just power down the phone and power it back up, the app that runs push starts and it's back to normal.

Just something to keep in mind.
Good point. I was using app killer until reading a few threads on here explaining how Android works behind the scene and decided to uninstall it. I was killing apps consistently so I'll try a reset and see how it goes. Thanks for the tip.