Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I thought there were sporadic notifications the past couple days, but then I realized...Doze is doing it's job.

While at work, I've been leaving my phone on my desk when I'm at my desk to let Doze do it's battery-saving thing. Then I'll notice in the browser on my computer that I get some email. Though the phone doesn't go off...I bump the phone or wake it up, and a second later I get the notification on the phone.
If that's how doze works I'm not so sure I want it. I need emails even if my phone has been idle for s while.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
If that's how doze works I'm not so sure I want it. I need emails even if my phone has been idle for s while.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
You won't want it then. Doze basically shuts your phone down when not in use. Emails come in when you wake it up. Texts wake up my phone from doze.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You won't want it then. Doze basically shuts your phone down when not in use. Emails come in when you wake it up. Texts wake up my phone from doze.
Is that true for Gmail though? Are push notifications affected? I thought it was more shutting down of apps that poll a server for notifications?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Is that true for Gmail though? Are push notifications affected? I thought it was more shutting down of apps that poll a server for notifications?

From my experience, that seems to be the case. In reading how Doze is supposed to work, I gather that only priority actions via the cell carrier are "allowed" to come through when dozing...texts and phone calls. Everything else would be held until the phone is woken up.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Realized yesterday that my emails are coming through perfectly on my iPhone in the Gmail app. Stupid Apple

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Realized yesterday that my emails are coming through perfectly on my iPhone in the Gmail app. Stupid Apple

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
As I said before, my devices that are not connected to a carrier in any way are coming through fine. Only those coming to my phone are delayed. Same Wi-Fi network connection, all have Wi-Fi sleep policy set to none, no Doze type possibilities, all Android devices with various versions of Android the Note4 being the closest to up to date.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><