gmail problems

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by iWordplay, Nov 11, 2010.

1. iWordplay

iWordplay New Member

my gmail apo keeps saying I have new email but it's all read and the email I try to erase keep coming back. how do I fix this?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. QMaverick

QMaverick New Member

Yeah, I posted up about a very similar problem yesterday and got no response :-(
  3. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Are you still using the stock email app or are you using a replacement app? There is a setting in your email app that gives you the option to either mark the email read on the server or to delete it from the server. I use a replacement app for my email and I have it set that once I read an email on my phone it marks it read on the server and thus is not pushed back to my phone over and over.
  4. QMaverick

QMaverick New Member

The problem is with his gmail, not his other E-mail addresses (like mine)

I seem to have fixed the problem . . . by doing a complete wipe and reinstall with the new FRG83 leak. I already deleted an E-mail and it also deleted it from my Gmail inbox like it should have . . . so we'll see if that keeps the problem at bay.
  5. dlwhtrose

I understand that his problem is with his gmail but if he is using an email replacement app then all his emails accounts are in one app. So he would have to go into the specific email account and go to settings and make sure the settings were correct. I believe he can also do that with his gmail app itself but it would be more helpful to know how he is getting his emails. I really think it is a setting within the email app (whichever one he is using).
  6. QMaverick

QMaverick New Member

Well, you can't change that particular setting within the Gmail app--at least not that I have found looking through all of the settings menus.

That being said, when I did a Titanium restore, the problem came back--so something was definitely screwed up within the Gmail apk.

I uninstalled (after backing it up) the Gmail app using Titanium backup, then downloaded and reinstalled it from the Market, and everything is just peachy now. It's a bit of a pain, but it worked.
  7. dlwhtrose

It maybe a pain but if that fixes the problem then great. I don't use the stock apps too much because of the limitations to the settings. I have replacement apps for just about all the stock apps on my phone.
Search tags for this page

dlwhtrose@gmail.com