Gmail problems......not updating automatically.....

MrMorganUSC

Reaction score
I just updated to 2.2......so far so good. Since I had to be running 2.2 in order to run Gmail 2.3, I went to the market and downloaded Gmail 2.3. Prior to this (with 2.1) I had K-9.

Well now I am not getting an emails. I click refresh and a number or emails show up. So for whatever reason, it is not updating automatically.

SO far I have changed from using a power save battery profile to a custom one to make sure it is syncing when it should.

I have also cleared cache and data in under applications for Gmail.

I have run out of ideas....

Help me out

Thanks

Technoman

Reaction score
I just updated to 2.2......so far so good. Since I had to be running 2.2 in order to run Gmail 2.3, I went to the market and downloaded Gmail 2.3. Prior to this (with 2.1) I had K-9.

Well now I am not getting an emails. I click refresh and a number or emails show up. So for whatever reason, it is not updating automatically.

SO far I have changed from using a power save battery profile to a custom one to make sure it is syncing when it should.

Help me out

Thanks

Go to the APP call "Messaging" Press your Hard Key settings button, and select "Messaging Settings".. Select "EMAIL", and then "EMAIL DELIVERY"...
If Data Push is not selected, then look below that. If is says manual, then that is your issue.

OP
M

MrMorganUSC

Reaction score

Help me out

Thanks

Go to the APP call "Messaging" Press your Hard Key settings button, and select "Messaging Settings".. Select "EMAIL", and then "EMAIL DELIVERY"...
If Data Push is not selected, then look below that. If is says manual, then that is your issue.

"Email" is grayed out and can not be selected

That seems odd

OP
M

MrMorganUSC

Reaction score
Ok well I found out that if I use the "Power control" widget, I can make sure the sync button on it is lit.....if it is I get the emails via gmail.

There has to be another way....I would think.....to make sure this thing always syncs

puffy98

Reaction score
i fixed mine...hope it works for u.

go to Setting---->Account--->gmail---> and Check all of them

also on power setting widget, sync symbol should be turned on!

OP
M

MrMorganUSC

Reaction score
go to Setting---->Account--->gmail---> and Check all of them

also on power setting widget, sync symbol should be turned on!

Exactly....that is what I did....and it worked

I am just wondering if there is another way to do it without having the power setting widget up there

dmills956

Reaction score
I was having the same problem with my Yahoo! accounts not syncing....
Finally just did a battery pull... and now it's working fine.