Gmail problem

jkm2282

Reaction score
Since today morning, I am facing issues with my gmail. I never had to refresh it to get a new email but not sure what's up with it now and I need to manually refresh the gmail app to get my email. It never happened before. I used to get a notification when I used to get a new email, but not sure why it's not happening anymore. Can someone please help me here? I didn't changed any settings or anything, so not sure what's wrong!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Make sure you auto sync has not been turned off. If you have the power widget check there first.

OP
J

jkm2282

Reaction score
Make sure you auto sync has not been turned off. If you have the power widget check there first.
I don't have any power widget. Where do I check for the auto sync option? I am trying to search for it, but can't find it. :(

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Droid so my comments may not be exact for the X
Tap menu, tap settings. tap accounts and sync -- make sure the auto-sync box is checked and that the green circle next to your account name and the t says auto sync under the account name

OP
J

jkm2282

Reaction score
Tap menu, tap settings. tap accounts and sync -- make sure the auto-sync box is checked and that the green circle next to your account name and the t says auto sync under the account name
Thanks. The settings are a bit different for Droid X but I did checked and auto-sync is indeed on.

Any other suggestions? What else could be the issue? It was working just fine till yesterday, I didn't changed any settings or anything.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Thanks. The settings are a bit different for Droid X but I did checked and auto-sync is indeed on.

Any other suggestions? What else could be the issue? It was working just fine till yesterday, I didn't changed any settings or anything.

Try reading this thread and see if it helps you out. If not, let us know and we will try and help.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-tech-issues/93617-new-droid-x-gmail-question.html

OP
J

jkm2282

Reaction score

Try reading this thread and see if it helps you out. If not, let us know and we will try and help.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-tech-issues/93617-new-droid-x-gmail-question.html
Thanks a lot. I tried those steps but no success. Still facing the same issues. I tried searching online too, but couldn't find anything that would help. :(

Do you think there is anything else I can do?

Yohimbe35

Reaction score
Same here.

I have a droid x also and I'm having the same issue. I think something must be going on with their email right now.
Mine wouldn't even manually sync. I went on line and seen that I had e-mails.

OP
J

jkm2282

Reaction score
I have a droid x also and I'm having the same issue. I think something must be going on with their email right now.
Since when are you facing this issue? Mine is syncing manually, but not on it's own.

Yohimbe35

Reaction score
I just noticed it this morning when I woke up. I had no e-mails showing on my x. I thought it was weird. Went on line and seen I had 16. I hit sync and nothing showed up. since then I hit sync manually and got some. Weird.

OP
J

jkm2282

Reaction score
I see. Same thing happening with me, apart from the fact that I am manually able to get the emails. And it started today morning as well. Maybe something going on with their servers.

Any other suggestions, guys? Would appreciate it. Thanks!

cjriddle22

Reaction score

I thought you were onto something there. See attached screen shot.

But right after I grabbed the screen shot, it started syncing again, and now all my emails are there.

Hmm... Try checking it again?

OP
J

jkm2282

Reaction score

I thought you were onto something there. See attached screen shot.

But right after I grabbed the screen shot, it started syncing again, and now all my emails are there.

Hmm... Try checking it again?
Interesting. Maybe some issues with syncing gmail since morning or some server problems? :s

magikmarkur

Reaction score
Same issue. Spoke with verizon they are clueless. They tried to passed me along to motorola who is useless. I don't see that little icon stating that i am having a sync issue, actually it says it just synced, but there are 3 emails in my gmail inbox and non on my Droid X.

This is really annoying. Anyone have any ideas?

Is there an issue with my phone?

They wanted me to do a factory reset. Should I do it?

EDIT: Motorola advised that it is a gmail issue, and they should be working on it and resolving it within 2 hours. I am supposed to call them back if it doesn't work within 2 hours.

Last edited: