Gmail Problem

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Anyone know why my bionic is suddenly not alerting me that I have new emails? I have to go into settings> accounts>sync gmail in order to get anything, and that only works that one time. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I think I read somewhere the latest Android Gmail update conflicts with the Gmail app notifications. I had this issue, did the "clear cache" option in the Gmail settings. Did seem to help at first but then it started happening again. So I just gave up and downloaded K9. No problems since.

OP
LegalAmerican

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. What is K9? I haven't heard of that.

DeltaHotel

Reaction score
Anyone know why my bionic is suddenly not alerting me that I have new emails? I have to go into settings> accounts>sync gmail in order to get anything, and that only works that one time. Any help is appreciated.

Open gmail. Then menu... accounts. Then from accounts window press menu again... then account settings. Verify auto sync enabled there.

Scribble

Reaction score
I've been having this happen as well. Turning sync off then back on again seems to work for a few days, then it stops again. It looks like it's a problem a number of people are having now (by the looks of the comments in the market...)

Do you per chance have the Google Currents app? I just deleted it. It feels like all of this started happening around the time I installed Google Currents, and Currents has seemed to always have trouble syncing for me... I'll let you know what I find.

Scribble

Reaction score
So I read online that if you turn off sync completely, clear the cache of all your syncable google apps, then reboot the phone then restart sync... it should clear up the issue. I did it the other day... I'ma keep an eye on whether or not it stops syncing again. Crossing my fingers.