Gmail on Droid not showing Photos

Twist747

Reaction score
Imbedded photos in emails synched with my Droid do not show. Is there a setting that I can change? At least I would like to click on a particular photo in order to have it update to see it manually.

Any ideas?

Silver Member
Reaction score
Imbedded photos in emails synched with my Droid do not show. Is there a setting that I can change? At least I would like to click on a particular photo in order to have it update to see it manually.

Any ideas?
i just tried this an my image came through in the right size, but with a ? in a box... investigating.

Silver Member
Reaction score
after a little googling, this is a known problem. embedded images will not display, but attached images will. if you have an embedded image and you can't see it, the workaround is to go to gmail.com.

Stigy

Reaction score
after a little googling, this is a known problem. embedded images will not display, but attached images will. if you have an embedded image and you can't see it, the workaround is to go to gmail.com.
I thought this was resolved on the DROID but recently found the same thing.

Embedded images don't show but attached images (newsletters, etc...) will show up just fine.

GMail.com in the browser is the current workaround although I am hoping Google is working on a fix for it.

OP
Twist747

Twist747

Reaction score
I'm glad to know why at least. Here's to Google getting this corrected! :r_c:

Silver Member
Reaction score
well its unfortunate, but I suspect it has a little to do with message size. attachments can be shown as a placeholder, where as embedded images and media would have to have enough technology behind it to shrink it or resource it somewhere else.

like for instance, when I get sale emails from sites, their images come through once i hit a button, but because they're hosted somewhere else, allowing the email to be small.

one an image is embedded into the body of the email, the size is increased. the gmail app is most likely killing the image in order to save space and save time.

mjs31

Reaction score
Known issue everyone. Gmail has had this issue since the G1. Anything from online retailers etc will show, but if someone chooses to insert an image rather than just the regular way of attaching, it will not show on your phones gmail. I believe the other types that show are due to either true html embedding or the images are run through their server. When you insert an image into the body you are not technically embedding it although this term is commonly used.
Google is aware of this issue, but has not announced any fixes.