Gmail Notifier by Jonas Larsson is gone?!!?

bishoy

Reaction score
What do we do now? I am in love with that app. Does anyone know one like it? I liked the custom notification icons he had. I just used the classic red envelope that he had on there

Sent from my Liberated DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
B

bishoy

Reaction score
Wow. Thanks for the info...... but this is really disappointing.

Okay, how about this..... is there any way to use your own notification icon for gmail with a rooted phone?

Sent from my liberated DROID2 using DroidForums

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Wow. Thanks for the info...... but this is really disappointing.

Okay, how about this..... is there any way to use your own notification icon for gmail with a rooted phone?

Sent from my liberated DROID2 using DroidForums

Yeah it is unfortunate. I imagine Google had a valid reason for doing it, which probably involved security.

As for the root, I guess anything is possible. I haven't seen too many people mess with any of the Google Apps before. Dialer, MMS, and some of the stock apps you get have been modified in ways. But the Google apps like the ones you would find in the market (Maps, Youtube, Voice Search, GMail....), I rarely see with serious modifications done. They aren't open source, which would mean Google would probably frown upon actual changes to their apps. So that would probably explain the reasoning why. But it may get done at some point.