Gmail Notifications

curryinaninstant

Reaction score
After I rooted my phone, Gmail has stopped vibrating when it receives a new email. Is there any way to fix this?

Also, I'm looking to buy an extended battery. Which is the best one to buy?

myriad46

Reaction score
After I rooted my phone, Gmail has stopped vibrating when it receives a new email. Is there any way to fix this?

Is the notification showing up at all, or is it just not vibrating? I had it intermitently not push notifications once I rooted Froyo. I did a factory reset in anticipation of GB. It started working again. I re-rooted so I could manually put the update on and the notifications became funny again.

I have not, however, had a problem on the GB build. I think it's a Gingerbreak thing. Not sure, though.

OP
C

curryinaninstant

Reaction score

Is the notification showing up at all, or is it just not vibrating? I had it intermitently not push notifications once I rooted Froyo. I did a factory reset in anticipation of GB. It started working again. I re-rooted so I could manually put the update on and the notifications became funny again.

I have not, however, had a problem on the GB build. I think it's a Gingerbreak thing. Not sure, though.

The notification shows up. Its just not vibrating. I'm not on GB - I'm using the Cortex rom. Do you think rooted GB is better than that rom?

myriad46

Reaction score

The notification shows up. Its just not vibrating. I'm not on GB - I'm using the Cortex rom. Do you think rooted GB is better than that rom?

At this stage of ROMs for the X2, I would expect little bugs like this. I would definitely post this in the Cortex thread, so they can work on it, or determine if it's something in the ROM. The non GB roms are based off of some random chinese rom, that no one seems to know the exact source of. So, user beware. Rooted GB is at least based off of the official release. It too has its own bugs and quirks, but it's at least from moto/verizon.