Gmail not working help please

wielgot

Reaction score
so it started a few days ago my gmail will not pull any new mail. If i open it and then hit refresh it will find the new mail but it will not do it by itself like it used to.

any info would help

thanks

Yakuzagang5

Reaction score
so it started a few days ago my gmail will not pull any new mail. If i open it and then hit refresh it will find the new mail but it will not do it by itself like it used to.

any info would help

thanks

Under settings>account do you have it set to auto sync and to sync with gmail?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
From the home screen: menu/settings/applications/manage applications/all (or Running)/Gmail/Clear Cache/Clear Data.

The app will reset itself in a few seconds and should start working again.

Good luck.

jrb1138

Reaction score
The exact same thing happened to me a few days ago. Intially, when I pulled up the settings>account menu, a message at the bottom stated that Ssync was having a problem and would be working again soon. Yesterday, that message was gone, and I was asked to fill in a Captcha for verification. All my sync buttons are "greenlighted" and Auto-sync is on, but my phone is still not automatically retrieving my Gmail. (FB updates, Twitter, and yes, even the ol' AOL email account, are all automatically syncing just fine.)

So, yeah - any ideas?

any info would help

thanks

Under settings>account do you have it set to auto sync and to sync with gmail?

jrb1138

Reaction score
Bingo. Thanks!

From the home screen: menu/settings/applications/manage applications/all (or Running)/Gmail/Clear Cache/Clear Data.

The app will reset itself in a few seconds and should start working again.

Good luck.

peckeraz

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. Since yesterday morning and I have performed the steps above and it has not fixed the problem. Any suggestions please?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Quite a while ago I had a persistent issue of Gmail not syncing and the clear data trick did not work. I then went to the Google website/inbox and reset/reinstalled my password on the gmail account. That worked for me then. I've had a few instances since then that were cured by the clear data approach.

Good luck.