Gmail no longer pushes?

CKyle22

Reaction score
I have gmail sync my email, contacts, and calendar. I have auto-sync on and Backgroud Data checked in the settings.

I noticed my phone didn't have emails so I checked them on my computer and there were about 3. And they were all sent hours before. So I decided to send an email to myself and it never notified me until I went into settings and pressed "Sync Now"

What gives? Gmail used to be total push email and this only started happening recently.

Any ideas?

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
I have had that same issue before. Now it seems to just not work when im on Wi-Fi

bbtkd

Reaction score
I have had that same issue before. Now it seems to just not work when im on Wi-Fi
I'm not on Wi-Fi and my area has fantastic 3G coverage. Thanks though.

I've had this happen too. About a day after I got it, it seemed to stop pushing Email. If I looked at "all" labels, I found the email had indeed been pushed. While it showed as being in my inbox folder when viewed under all, it would not show up when looking at the inbox. Sometime later it started working. I rarely use gmail so I don't care much.

OP
C

CKyle22

Reaction score
Hmm I'll look into that

EDIT: That seems to work but it kinda defeats the purpose of having certain mail skip the Inbox.

Last edited:

bbtkd

Reaction score
Hmm I'll look into that

EDIT: That seems to work but it kinda defeats the purpose of having certain mail skip the Inbox.

It's got to be a bug. It does not always happen and the Email is labeled as inbox, just not showing up there. Sometimes.