Gmail no longer push?

Reaction score
Hi DroidForums people,

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I have a question that I'm hoping someone here could spread some light on. Since early yesterday morning I believe, my email (Gmail, only address on the Droid) will not come through unless I go to the inbox and hit menu >> refresh. I don't have any settings that I changed, I just used the Task Killer Free app yesterday. I have done a soft reset multiple times (shift >> alt >> del).

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!!!

Paul

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No problems here....

Mojo

Reaction score
Go into settings> Accounts & Sync> and make sure that the Auto-sync is checked

OP
PaulAndroidMan
Reaction score
Go into settings> Accounts & Sync> and make sure that the Auto-sync is checked

Wow, that's weird, it was unchecked!!!!! I will check when an email comes through, thanks for your help. I think this probably fixed it.

Paul

gentlefury

Reaction score
if you use the power controls widget the second to last on/off switch is sync. Did you accidentally tap that instead of brightness?

MarkDF

Reaction score
Anybody else having problems with this today?

As of yesterday sometime, gmail stopped reliably pushing my mail. I haven't changed anything on the webapp side of my gmail account. I have rebooted my Droid to see if that cleared up the problem, and it hasn't. It's not that I'm not getting e-mails, they just are being delivered VERY late (30 minutes or more). I see them show up in my inbox very nicely (through the PC), but the Droid doesn't get notified until a long time afterwards. This used to work very nicely. Contact and calendar work immediately, just not mail.

Auto sync is turned on for gmail contacts, calendar, and gmail. I note that the time of last mail sync doesn't change even when new mail comes in. Server side problem? Any ideas?

Thanks.

ggpike

Reaction score
I'm having this very same problem. I'm using Google Aps for my email for business and this is getting annoying. Hopefully it's just something wrong on their end and it will be cleared up soon.

Roc_Droid

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem that started about the same time. I also can't receive any calls via my Google Voice number right now so I'm hoping Google fixes whatever is wrong as soon as possible.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Still having no issues with gmail....2 accounts on the Droid...zero problems

ggpike

Reaction score
Mine is back working now. Looks like it could have just been a hiccup in their service. Glad it's resolved!

techguru

Reaction score
Mine is back working now. Looks like it could have just been a hiccup in their service. Glad it's resolved!

My email was coming in 4-5 minutes late for a few hours today. All seems good now. Oddly, it was coming in right away on my PC using IMAP in Thunderbird (set to 0 minutes refresh, which activates Imap Idle ie Push).

Alan