GMail messages being cut off?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by ZBoater, Mar 12, 2010.

1. ZBoater

ZBoater Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I get notifications from threads I am subscribed here, for example, the email has links towards the bottom of the email. If it is the first email in the thread I can scroll all the way down and see the entire email, but as the emails pile up in the same thread, I can only see the first screenful. The bottom of the subsequent emails of that same thread ares cut off.

Am I missing some very obvious button somewhere? :icon_eek: As I look at it, it could be a "feature", since the bottom of all the emails are identical, so showing the first email does take care of it, but I find it odd.

Anyone else experience this?

2. xyvyx

xyvyx New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    ditto

just noticed this for the first time yesterday.. got really annoyed & opened up the browser-based app instead to get the info I needed.

I thought it was truncating the last few lines of every message, but viewing it again, the signature is intact in the 1st message. Now that I know how it behaves, I guess I know where to look!

In my case, it was about a dozen messages back & fourth between one person... his messages have a big confidentiality notice at the bottom every time, so I guess cutting THAT crap out is a good idea.

Search tags for this page
gmail app cuts part of message
gmail cuts email message
gmail cuts messages off
gmail cuts off bottom of emails

gmail cuts off messages

gmail cutting off long emails
gmail messages getting cut off short
my email are cut off in gmail
why does gmail cut off forwarded emails
why email header being cut off android