Gmail keeps closing when I try to scroll inbox

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I feel that the droid X software is not ready for prime time. I hope the update fixes it. Until then, if you want to keep the phone, you have to find workarounds. It was the same way with the original droid when it came out. I was close to returning it several times, but each time I found a workaround. Then, when the update finally came, the workarounds weren't needed.

OP
R

roady

Reaction score
Well I do not know what I changed but it seems to be normal now. I have changed so many different settings in the last day but dont know which one finally did it.

Augie

Reaction score
I'm not getting force close but the app just closes with no errors but when it tries to load my inbox it exits. I still get notifications and can read individual messages but unable to look at the inbox. Almost sounds like a VZW or Google bug since its cropping up on several phones recently

cloutier

Reaction score
mine just started doing this today. not too happy, especially after mine bricked itself the other morning completely out of the blue.

*sigh*

DrewK

Reaction score
So, I just spent the time to go through my entire inbox and delete every message I didn't need... gmail seems to be working fine now. It must have been something in one of the emails causing a glitch.

Garandhero

Reaction score
Mine started doing this, this morning as well.. Very strange - whenever I scroll down to load more conversations it just quits the application and I am back at my home screen..

Please advise :)

*First problem with the X by the way, and like I said just started today so I imagine its nothing serious - maybe a network issue? Or gmail sync issue?

OmegaEikon

Reaction score
Mine started doing this, this morning as well.. Very strange - whenever I scroll down to load more conversations it just quits the application and I am back at my home screen..

*First problem with the X by the way, and like I said just started today so I imagine its nothing serious - maybe a network issue? Or gmail sync issue?

This is weird but literally the same exact thing started happening to me as well this morning as well. I wonder if it's a broader issue.

OmegaEikon

Reaction score
Problem solved for now. Hopefully it wont rear it's head again.

Before I had noticed any of this last night I was playing around with the Off-Peak Hours setting. When I noticed the problem this morning I switched the setting back to the default. That didn't fix the problem.

Then I uninstalled Advanced Task Killer and that did not solve the problem. I then rebooted. Still nothing.

Then I went to try to add another google account and the phone completely froze. I pulled the battery out and put it back in. When it booted up, I started to get all my email and can now open the app without it automatically shutting down.

jnd121

Reaction score
I have that same problem recently on my Droid 1...

HELP! :)

laith

Reaction score

Yes, I have the same problem. Whenever I scroll down to the bottom and it does "Loading conversions" GMail crashes and it goes back to the home screen. This also happens if I try viewing "Stared" items or any labels that I set up. I tried doing a hard reset on my phone several times with different GMail accounts (thinking maybe there was a corrupt message somewhere) and I still get the same problem.

I'm a GMail power user and this is a big disappointment switching from the iPhone. I have 20 days left and I'm thinking about returning my Droid X back to Verizon until Android or Google gets this straightened out.

I see a few complaints about this issue, but not many. I wonder if the phone was shipped with a bad copy of Android 2.1, and I wonder if Android 2.2 will fix this issue coming in September.

Mikerrrrr

Reaction score
Just had this issue with my phone starting this morning. I've had it since launch and never seen this issue until now. Tried some of the workarounds in this thread to no avail.

River Hill

Reaction score
It started on my X yesterday as well. Gmail has been working great since day 1 and now this.