Gmail Issues

burknd06

Reaction score
Hey guys - this is my first post here but I've been searching the forums for the last couple months as I've had small issues with my new htc incredible. So far, I've been able to solve every problem with a quick look at this forum.

However, I'm having gmail issues that persist despite the troubleshooting options recommended here.

Sometimes gmail works without a hitch, but probably once every 2 days I have an issue with syncing. Either one of two things happen: (1) It tells me I have no new messages, or (2) In the upper right hand corner it will tell me the number of new messages I have, but not show any new messages in the list.

In both cases, when I sign into gmail on my computer, I have new mail that is not getting pushed to my phone.

When this happens, I try to clear data and cache in the app settings menu, but the problem still persists. Even after I turn my phone on and off, I still have the problem. It seems that time is the only thing that fixes this and after a day or so it starts working again.

I'd be grateful for and hints or suggestions you may have! Thanks for your help!