1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Gmail issues

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by nuttz565, Sep 12, 2010.

1. nuttz565

nuttz565 New Member

Today I was checking my Gmail account on my Droid and noticed I was missing a couple of emails. I thought I might have accidentally erased them so I checked out my account on my desktop. The emails were showing up on pc but were missing on my droid? Its only like 4 emails, anyone know why its doing this?
  2. Stretch2m

Stretch2m New Member

Have you by any chance done a nandroid restore lately? I find that oftentimes when I restore from a nandroid backup my Gmail is - for lack of a better description - "out of sync" with the web: emails that are in my inbox on the web never show up on my phone; emails I've sent from my phone are stuck in "Sending" status; etc.

The solution that works for me whenever this happens is to go into Settings > Applications > All > Gmail ... and then "Clear Data" on the Gmail app. I have to re-set my Gmail settings in the Gmail app (ringtone, preferences, etc.), but after that it works fine.

HTH
  3. onlinehandyman

onlinehandyman New Member

thanks Stretch - I have tried the nandroid restore, but am still getting intermittent emails. It is only happening with my gmail accounts, no other email is having the problem.

Could it be because I receive so much email - just a thought.