Gmail issues

nuttz565

Reaction score
Today I was checking my Gmail account on my Droid and noticed I was missing a couple of emails. I thought I might have accidentally erased them so I checked out my account on my desktop. The emails were showing up on pc but were missing on my droid? Its only like 4 emails, anyone know why its doing this?

Stretch2m

Reaction score
Have you by any chance done a nandroid restore lately? I find that oftentimes when I restore from a nandroid backup my Gmail is - for lack of a better description - "out of sync" with the web: emails that are in my inbox on the web never show up on my phone; emails I've sent from my phone are stuck in "Sending" status; etc.

The solution that works for me whenever this happens is to go into Settings > Applications > All > Gmail ... and then "Clear Data" on the Gmail app. I have to re-set my Gmail settings in the Gmail app (ringtone, preferences, etc.), but after that it works fine.

HTH

onlinehandyman

Reaction score
thanks Stretch - I have tried the nandroid restore, but am still getting intermittent emails. It is only happening with my gmail accounts, no other email is having the problem.

Could it be because I receive so much email - just a thought.