Gmail Issue or another issue?

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
On my notification bar several times throughout the day it shows my husbands gmail account. If I click on it I can see all his mail. I have looked in account settings and his email is not listed there for me to remove it. I don't know how I got it and I can't figure out how to remove it. My Gmail is the primary on the phone and there are no issues with it.

Do I have to do a master reset? is there another option?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
what email apps do you have installed? Just the stock ones? If so then open the Email app (not Gmail) yellow icon and see if there is an account on there?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You should be able to open the email app, press the menu key, accounts and delete the account.

OP
MysticalDreams

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
from the menu key my options are....
select all, folders, change views and settings.
under settings I get:
Notification
Email Delivery
Read Options
clear search
list view options
compose options
display suggestions
default account (which shows me his email address but will not let me click off of it)
out of office
manage address history
smart forwarding (won't let me click on it)

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK and this is through the stock Gmail app correct? Or is this through the stock email app (yellow icon with @ on it?)

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ah OK perfect! Then we can wipe the email app with his info so it will be off your phone.

Go to settings/applications/manage applications/all tab/find the email app with his info/select it/select clear data and it should be erased from your phone.

fritomist

Reaction score
I could use some help. My gmail is working fine as in the stand alone app, but in the mail app where it is combined with my other email programs, it has suddenly stopped syncing, and I cannot do anything with it. It won't update, says I'm not authorize, won't let me delete it. At this point I am trying go just remove it from the mail app, hoping to then be able to restore it fresh, but I can't find how to remove programs from mail, just add.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I could use some help. My gmail is working fine as in the stand alone app, but in the mail app where it is combined with my other email programs, it has suddenly stopped syncing, and I cannot do anything with it. It won't update, says I'm not authorize, won't let me delete it. At this point I am trying go just remove it from the mail app, hoping to then be able to restore it fresh, but I can't find how to remove programs from mail, just add.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Wish I could help. Wish someone could. You cannot delete an account one it's added in the "email" set. Spoke to a very nice lady at Motorola the other day and confirmed it. She was as surprised as I was.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
you can't remove the primary account but you can remove secondary accounts..

This is a very confusing issue to discuss because it's difficult to determine exactly which email client and which settings are being described. But for the record, in the standard "email" app there is no way to remove ANY account once it has been added. Nor can you remove the standard "email" app even if you're using an alternative such as K-9.

You can delete an entire account but if you do so, as far as I know, it eliminates it for all email clients. At least that's my impression.