Gmail is freaking out!

mitchb2

Reaction score
This started about an hour ago. When I open gmail on my phone it just keeps flipping the page from left to right over and over. I can't stop it. When I exit, the phone reboots.
I've uninstalled/reinstalled the gmail updates. I've cold started and done a battery pull.

Anyone ever seen this behavior before? I can't even figure out what terms to Google.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Does it happen ONLY in gmail? Are there other apps that are acting weird??

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
Only Gmail. And nothing new was installed...it started out of the blue.

Fles

Reaction score
I've got the same problem since yesterday on my Desire. Only my phone doesn't restart when I exit Gmail.

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
I've got the same problem since yesterday on my Desire. Only my phone doesn't restart when I exit Gmail.

Mine doesn't do a full reboot but it goes to the white HTC screen and then reloads the icons and widgets.

dvincent

Reaction score
I see this too, only gmail, Doesn't crash when closing but I have un-installed updates, removed battery and no difference.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have had this problem once before i had to delet all user data log back in start from scratch .. was not fun

TxSpoon

Reaction score
Mine doesn't do a full reboot but it goes to the white HTC screen and then reloads the icons and widgets.

Hi all! New to the forums, and directed here because of this exact problem. It started last night around 10pm. All other apps work just fine. Tried shutting it off an on, battery pull etc, with no luck.

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
Hi all! New to the forums, and directed here because of this exact problem. It started last night around 10pm.

Hmmm...do they push out OTA updates that don't require our consent? I know I didn't manually do anything before the problem started, so I wonder if there was some sort of automatic update.

rvcjew

Reaction score
Hmmm...do they push out OTA updates that don't require our consent? I know I didn't manually do anything before the problem started, so I wonder if there was some sort of automatic update.

They changed something on their end to fix it calendar was messed up too.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
And as quickly as it started, it just...stopped.

ShellyDirects

Reaction score
Same thing here, since last night.

Same 'flipping' of the screen for me, too. Started at the same time.

Strange twist, though... I have three gmail accounts on my Motorola Droid (original), but only one of the accounts has gone haywire. The other two accounts are fine! Now, the haywire account no longer appears on the list of email accounts. But, when I get a new email, I get the notification icon at the top, and I can use it to access the account, but all it does is flip and flash.

Deleted the cache, and the data. No change. Next, I guess is to uninstall, and re-install the app. But, if the problem is on their end, will that help? Or is the problem with a recent update sent to my phone?

(still messed up as of 7:11pm Eastern, Friday night)

rvcjew

Reaction score
Nag its unfortunately on goggles end. It will just fix it self eventually.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums