Gmail is delivered to Droid 2 instead of

bmtbandit

Reaction score
Sounds to me I think I undersatnd what your saying. You are using a Client like outlook etc to read your mail on you PC. When it comes to your phone you read it and it never shows up in the outlook mail window.

Is this a correct description of your problem?

born2golf

Reaction score
This really just sounds like a problem with the PC mail client software. My guess is that it is currently set to only download "new messages" or "unread messages", but once the user has accessed a message from the droid, it is now appearing as a "read" message within the gmail servers, and therefore the PC email client is ignoring it.

I don't use a client so I don't know if this is a POP3 issue or IMAP issue, or both.

To test this theory, Turn off the phone (and leave it off till your done with the test) and send yourself a message from some other email account or have someone else do it. Then try to access your mailbox from your PC. If I'm correct your email client should be able to retrieve the messages, because nothing would have marked them as "read" yet.

Also, you still have not told us important details, such as which software you are using to access your gmail account from thephone AND from the PC. IMHO You should only be using the actual gmail app from the phone and the website when at the computer. I've been doing this for years across multiple PCs and phones and have never had the problems your are describing. I suppose the only reason you would ever want to download your messages to a PC email client is if you are requiring the ability to read and respond to mail while offline. If this is not a requirement, then why bother with an email client?

OP
D

dnomyar1

Reaction score
Answer

Hi - No, I use the gmail.com site. For Outlook I use the POP3 server (local email) and Yahoo, Hotmail, etc., the same way - I use their sites.

Sounds to me I think I undersatnd what your saying. You are using a Client like outlook etc to read your mail on you PC. When it comes to your phone you read it and it never shows up in the outlook mail window.

Is this a correct description of your problem?

OP
D

dnomyar1

Reaction score
MEWSHI - I am using the gmail email client. I only use a POP3 client (Outlook) for my "home" email. For Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc., I use their clients via the Internet . . . hope that helps. Thanks!

bmtbandit

Reaction score
Then I think I speak for most of us here, when I say I have no idea what is the problem. Are you getting messages on your phone that dont show up on the gmail.com site? If so are you hitting Archive or Delete on you phone after you read them? Otherwise they will be on your gmail.com in the "Read" state.

born2golf

Reaction score
Then I think I speak for most of us here, when I say I have no idea what is the problem. Are you getting messages on your phone that dont show up on the gmail.com site? If so are you hitting Archive or Delete on you phone after you read them? Otherwise they will be on your gmail.com in the "Read" state.

I agree, you are dripping us information in the worst possible way making it very difficult to help you.

Let's look at this from another view. forget the PC. how are you accessing your email from your phone (again). Are you using the gmail app or the stock email app or some other email app?

Last edited: