Gmail icon number

mferruccio

Reaction score
Hi,

My gmail icon has the number, 2 on it. I know this means 2 messages to read but there are none. I tried clearing the cache but no go. I guess a soft reset? Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Double check that you don't have any in "All Mail" that are unread. If you've archived any emails rather than deleting them before reading them, it'll still show the unread count, but you won't see them in your inbox.

You can check the All Mail folder, swipe the menu out from the left. On my Note 4, All mail is already on the list, but you may have to scroll down just a little to see it.

TatDroid

Reaction score
In my case I get that sometimes because I have a second Gmail account that I don't always remember to check. I have to toggle between accounts to check them both.

Sent from my Droid Turbo

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
Mine did this in the first couple days of having the phone. I tried clearing cash, deleting and re installing, force closing etc....just restart your phone and it should go away. that was a suggestion i had on here and it worked...wish i would have done that before everything else i did.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Do a forced reboot and it will go away..