Gmail fc with latest version

liferefugee

Reaction score
Not sure if this is from the rom (apex 1.3), the ota update or the gmail app, but I am getting constant force closing now when I try to use gmail. Any thoughts on a fix?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kman79

Reaction score
Not sure what ROM or system files you were running prior, but this is what Fab had to say about that

The FCs from Gmail are because of the update that came out, so a lot of you have the newest version on your /data partition, and the ROM installs it on /system, which causes a little panic :(

I've updated the instructions for 1.2.1 upgraders in the OP to just uninstall updates to Gapps (Gmail, Voice Search, Search Bar, Market) prior to updating to 1.3.0, since it automatically installs those updates to /system.

From the original ApeX 1.3 thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/fa...x-1-3-0-droid-x-running-running-fast-can.html

Reaction score
This happened to me when I was running tranquility. Try going into applications and clearing data for the gmail app.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
liferefugee

liferefugee

Reaction score
That did the trick. I was pure stock before, but had backed up data that was restored from backup. Clearing out the gmail data and forcing a new sync stopped the fcing.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk