Gmail Doesn't Give Me Notifications

jetjim

Reaction score
My Gmail does not give me notifications that I have an email until I take it out of sleep mode and slide the arrow over. Then I get the notification. Once in a while, it does give me a notification, however, most of the time, it doesn't. Does anyone know why? It has gotten much worse since the last update the other day. I also just did a full reset after the update.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
My Gmail does not give me notifications that I have an email until I take it out of sleep mode and slide the arrow over. Then I get the notification. Once in a while, it does give me a notification, however, most of the time, it doesn't. Does anyone know why? It has gotten much worse since the last update the other day. I also just did a full reset after the update.

If your phone is in sleep mode or airplane mode there is no "radio" communications between your phone and Verizon. Therefore, the network cannot send you a notification that you have mail. When you take your phone out of sleep mode or airplane mode that turns the "radio" in your phone on, it establishes connection with the Verizon network, which in turn sends you the gmail notification that you have mail.

OP
J

jetjim

Reaction score
Thank you....That must be the reason.