1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Gmail contacts problem with editing a phone number

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by zillah, Feb 17, 2014.

1. zillah

zillah New Member

Dear Experts

I have attached two snapshots for one contact of my Samsung galaxy S3 LTE version,,,,

For a contact I have tow entries for a Mobile number and they are same therefore i tried to click to edit button to remove on of them since it is redundant (please see the attachment named : "Before press on edit button"

After I clicked on edit button it didn't show two numbers , it shows only one (please see the attachment named : "After press on edit button" ,,,,why !!!!

And I have this issue for many other contacts

Thanks
  2. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Well-Known Member

under "connection it shows G for google and T for? possibly whatever that T represents cant be edited and only the google one can. just a thought.
  3. zillah

zillah New Member

If a user has a tango account it shows letter T,,,,,if he/she has a whatsapp account it shows me a handset icon ( not letter)
    Regards
  4. bweN diorD

i dont know anything about tango, is it possible thats where the duplicate number is coming from that cant be edited?
  5. bweN diorD

or are all the duplicates you referred to also associated with this tango account?
  6. zillah

zillah New Member

Some of them have tango and whatsapp and fring ,,,,,some of them has tango and whatsapp accounts only
  7. bweN diorD

maybe im barking up the wrong tree, but it seems like tango is the common denominator of these duplicates. i could be wrong.
  8. zillah

zillah New Member

You are right ,,,,when I clicked on the chain icon as in the snapshot below that fixed the problem,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks for your tip

http://i59.tinypic.com/20hu4ih.png

[​IMG]
Search tags for this page

problem editing contact on droid