Gmail Change Password HELP!!

Wrh23

Reaction score
Okay, I'm about to pull my hair out! I changed my gmail password and for the life of me I can't log in on my Bionic now. I've reconfirmed the password on my PC and my phone and made positive that I'm not making a mistake. I googled this and it's an obvious problem. I've tried many of the remedies to no avail. Went to settings, accounts and checked all the sync boxes and retried. Someone please help me. The only other remedy I've found is to do a factory reset and I have quite a few purchased apps that I don't prefer to lose. UGH!!!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You will not loose your apps. They are tied to your gmail account - well that does assume you can log in. Have you logged in to your account on a computer to verify the account hasn't been compromised?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
W

Wrh23

Reaction score
yes I've successfully logged into my gmail on my computer several times to confirm I'm using the correct password. When I get prompted to enter my password(on my phone) I have to enter an annoying captcha...and still after confirming no mistakes, no luck

gmorgan056

Reaction score
Have you tried removing your google account and readding with the new password? Menu-->Settings-->Accounts-->select google and remove at bottom. Then Hit add new account.

OP
W

Wrh23

Reaction score
yes unfortunately when you select remove on the gmail account you will be prompted with a warning pop up that you have to go to settings and do a master reset to the phone to delete the account

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes unfortunately when you select remove on the gmail account you will be prompted with a warning pop up that you have to go to settings and do a master reset to the phone to delete the account

Time for a Factory Data Reset.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

gmorgan056

Reaction score
Yep I think Bayou is right. All your paid apps will show up in the market so don't worry about losing them.

OP
W

Wrh23

Reaction score
That really sucks, Droid needs to make a more convenient way to change the gmail password. This issue goes back to 08 from the other forums I have looked at...what about my contacts?

OP
W

Wrh23

Reaction score
Here's another remedy that I found but I cant figure out how to "Explore to /data/system to find the account db file to erase it. Anyone know how or where to find it. I'm trying everything I can find before the master reset...
1. Download Root Explorer from Android Market
2. Explore to /data/system/ and find this file : accounts.db
3. Delete that file (accounts.db)
4. Reboot your Android device.
5. Walla…you can register another account
icon_smile.gif

gmorgan056

Reaction score
Here's another remedy that I found but I cant figure out how to "Explore to /data/system to find the account db file to erase it. Anyone know how or where to find it. I'm trying everything I can find before the master reset...
1. Download Root Explorer from Android Market
2. Explore to /data/system/ and find this file : accounts.db
3. Delete that file (accounts.db)
4. Reboot your Android device.
5. Walla…you can register another account
icon_smile.gif

I don't know, that's pretty tricky stuff when you're messin with system files. If you don't know exactly what you're doing it could create a major problem. All your contacts and paid apps are backed up with your google account. Once you sign in after the reset, everything will comeback.

OP
W

Wrh23

Reaction score
Okay, one more thing, in my gallery I have pics and videos that I want to keep but have no clue how to do so. They are stored to the Internal Phone Storage and I want to either transfer them to the micro sd or to my computer. How would I go about this? And thanks so much for all the help

OP
W

Wrh23

Reaction score
I got it!!! Finally!!!!

All I did was Go to https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha on a PC or a web-browser and unlock the Captcha for your account. You will then be able to login again with username and password on your device!!!

Hope this helps anyone else with this problem. It's been a long 3-4 hours trying to figure this out.

reisbaron

Reaction score
Easy Solution to Bionic Gmail Password Change

Okay, I'm about to pull my hair out! I changed my gmail password and for the life of me I can't log in on my Bionic now. I've reconfirmed the password on my PC and my phone and made positive that I'm not making a mistake. I googled this and it's an obvious problem. I've tried many of the remedies to no avail. Went to settings, accounts and checked all the sync boxes and retried. Someone please help me. The only other remedy I've found is to do a factory reset and I have quite a few purchased apps that I don't prefer to lose. UGH!!!

It may not have been the case in February at the time of your ticket, but you can now just pull up the Play Store, and it will prompt you for the new Google login. This will affect Gmail and you can then resume usage without having to reset the device.

Reis