Gmail app theme seems to be updated

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
The app updated and set everything to default them which is brighter is there a way to change the settings
Some web sites said change the theme on the website but that didn't affect the app
Other web sites said to change to inverse in Android accessabilities for dark them but that changes all apps
Is the a way to adjust just the Gmail app

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The new GMail app update is their new white material theme. It is kind of bright. Now way to change it from what I have seen. I would suggest posting on the Google Product Support page for GMail. Let them know you would like a theme / color option.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If you follow Google in the tech news, most tech sites are loving this new app update and are just gushing over the all white bright theme.
07c5d6323f00557d1664e0dfb29baf24.jpg

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I concur... I'm not really missing th e red..but a Dark Theme is needed badly in the Gmail app.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I do like the ability to pick a Density within the app now, like the desktop version has always had. But it is bright, that's for sure.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
aww crud. I'd have to root, go back to Oreo then apply. Guess I'm stuck with white for a while.:(

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I would not be surprised if Google adds themes to the app with a future app update, kind of like the themes you can pick in desktop mode. That would allow users to select the color scheme / brightness scheme that they prefer.

randybonnette

Reaction score
Agree. Besides, there should be something for color blond users. Color scheme variants switch or something that they can use to adjust the themes to their preferences.