Gmail app text box editor

Rocky

Reaction score
Hello. I've been wondering if there's a way of getting -preferably from within the Gmail app- access to the editor box, shown in this picture:

So far I haven't discovered a way to do it. My Droid III's Email app does have that option, but not Google's own mail app? That wouldn't be right... would it?

Any helpful comments are welcome and appreciated.

Rocky​

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
Anyone else here care about nicely editing your Gmails that can share something? I mean we have an editor option in the Email app, but not on the Gmail one (when Google pretty much designs all that!). That's why I can't understand it...

Last edited:
OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
I guess I might be an editing freak, a rare species. :blink:

REMilk

Reaction score
Hello. I've been wondering if there's a way of getting -preferably from within the Gmail app- access to the editor box, shown in this picture:

So far I haven't discovered a way to do it. My Droid III's Email app does have that option, but not Google's own mail app? That wouldn't be right... would it?

Any helpful comments are welcome and appreciated.

Rocky​

I do not see this exact screen from the Droid 3's email. I do have access to formatting from the Droid 3's email app.

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
I do not see this exact screen from the Droid 3's email. I do have access to formatting from the Droid 3's email app.
That's a screenshot of the desktop's Gmail editor. I Googled it.

What I meant is that when using the phone's Email app, I do have an editor box to play with... but not with the Gmail app. That totally sucks!

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
I'll give it one more shot from another angle:

Does anyone here know if there's a way to have access to the text editing tools that are available for the phone's E-mail app on the Gmail app? (Of course: I mean the toolbar for adding bold, italic, underline, center, left align, right align, etc.)

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
Okay, so I've finally managed to come up with a very graphic demonstration of exactly what I've been talking about (pretty much by myself).

Here it is:

I wonder if most people agree or disagree with me when I say that a little editing tool like this would be handy in the Gmail app...

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
I couldn't delete that "attached thumbnail". Sorry. I chose the other screenshot instead.