1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

GMail app not working properly

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by EnJoY, Oct 4, 2010.

1. EnJoY

EnJoY New Member

I've had this issue ever since I flashed. Basically, the GMail app works but it does not automatically retrieve new messages. I constantly have to open it and manually have it refresh for it to fetch new messages. I've tried reinstalling the app and clearing cache to no avail.

Is anybody else have this issue?
  2. elektronikbadger

elektronikbadger New Member

Had the same problem... I removed the gmail app that came with BB and downloaded the one from the market... fixed the problem. The one in the market is updated...
  3. EnJoY

EnJoY New Member

Ok, I just did that. I'll have to wait and see if it fixed it. Thanks.
  4. gomets11

gomets11 New Member

I also had to do this...now I have no issues with GMail
  5. Negatron

Negatron New Member

ive definitely been having this issue as well ive been trying to find a fix hll i cant remember the last time i had a gmail notification bout to delete the one i have now and redownload from the market BBv.05
  6. bcowan

bcowan New Member

Had the same problem. Finally while on line with Motorola I reset the phone and now it works. Motorola is going to study the problem and find out where in the software the problem is. Hope that works for you.
  7. EnJoY

EnJoY New Member

Yea, after removing the gmail app and installing from the market I am still not getting any notifications and I still have to manually refresh to get new email.

If it weren't for the stellar performance, battery life and Revolution theme I'd prob go back to Sapphire.
  8. elektronikbadger

I hate to suggest this, but did you check your account settings to make sure it's set to "auto sync"? I have 2 gmail accounts that I sync and my secondary account hasn't got any new emails in a week... turns out it wasn't set to auto sync in settings>accounts and sync...

It's an idea...
  9. EnJoY

EnJoY New Member

Oh my god...thanks. It was set to sync contacts and calendar, not gmail...unbelievable. Thanks again.:wacko:
  10. elektronikbadger

Glad you got the problem solved!
  11. HarleyDad09

HarleyDad09 New Member

It didnt work for me! It wasnt checked..and when I checked it, I got a "Sync is not working" error....hopefully it is just that, a temporary error
  12. smrtphonen00b

smrtphonen00b New Member

Not syncing and couldn't get past captcha, reset Google

My phone stopped syncing and every time I was asked to re-enter my Gmail password it would force me through the captcha filter. Eventually it got to the point where it didn't even ask for my password and I would never be able to succesfully get past the filter.

Even when I tried accessing Gmail through account settings I was not able to make any changes due to the captcha filter.

I was able to fix my syncing problem by clearing the data on the Gmail, Gmail Storage and Google Apps.

Home Screen > Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications
    Then selecting Clear Data on each of the three apps.
    I tried just clearing the Gmail data but that didn't seem to work so I decided to just clear out anything close to Google but I believe the Google Apps was the winner.

I then had to setup my Gmail account again as if it was new (less than 5 minutes) but after that everything was fine again and all I had to was change the notification settings back to my personal preferences.
Search tags for this page

gmail app is not working properly