GMAIL Ap

Goosetowner

Reaction score
Is there a better widget for email than the current Gmail Ap . This ap requires refreshing instead of push and most irritating, is that it will not display pictures in it's native config. If I go through the Browser, I can log into gmail and all is great. A widget is supposed to be a short cut. Any good ideas appreciated.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didn't even know there was a Gmail widget!! I just use the default Gmail icon....it works for me!

OP
G

Goosetowner

Reaction score
It may not be a widget but an icon. I'm not sure I know the difference. Can you view pictures embedded in email?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It's an icon and my Gmail hits my Droid almost the same time it hits my PC.

Have you checked all the sync settings...

bitter

Reaction score
I can, mine works fine with the one that came with the phone.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes...there is a button usually at the beginning of the email that says "Show Images" or something like that (only if the email included images)...you click that and the pics load up...

Icons are what is in your app drawer that you can drag up to arrange on your homescreen...widgets are what you can long press the homescreen and get that way

OP
G

Goosetowner

Reaction score
Thanks for taking your time on my issue. I have checked my sync settings on the Droid and gmail. My push problem may be with POP mail as I forward my .cox mail to gmail to make use on the Droid easier. Sometimes I get the picture button to download pics but why do they automatically load in the browser? Wouldn't you expect the icon/ap to function the same as the browser window. I hope these are legitimate questions as I also pop my mail to a .me account with Apple which pushes them to my iTouch which seems much more seamless than gmail. Thanks Again, and I'm not knocking the Droid (I Love It) or gmail. Just wondering if there is a better way.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm really not sure if there's a better way honestly....I've never forwarded any other email accounts to my Droid so I don't know what issues would come along with doing that...

I'd say the reason the pics don't automatically load in the app, is so the app may perform better and faster, and give you the option of loading pics or not...does that make sense? Sorry I can't really help out anymore...

OP
G

Goosetowner

Reaction score
Thanks. You have been a big help and I appreciate it.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're very welcome.....even though I might've not answered all your questions!!